Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

It will soon be illegal to burn things for warmth in Southern California but for those of you who like to keep warm the old fashion way there is this to help you in your chores-

http://e.businessinsider.com/4cd8404f52baf1d8a8caaea25351d9579dbcd4341e00057a/U1FIFcPoHRRpE2SQA6f17

Edited by Augsburger

The snow is almost gone from the fields here, but there's still lots in the bush remaining to melt.  We've got nothing but rain in the forecast, and the seasonal creek is already running over the gravel road that is our house's main method of accessing the outside world.  I'm going to go ahead and predict that the road will be completely washed out by tomorrow.  This past winter just can't take the hint and leave gracefully - it has to keep jabbing one more "fuck you" after another at us.

the tough things you have to do/face ...

It's not so bad here.  Mosquitoes in the summer, cold in the winter, and not a whole lot else to worry about.  No hurricanes, earthquakes, malaria... we rarely even lock our doors.

Speaking of canoes, though, I expect that will be how I get off the property for the next week.

Wow!  How long does it take you to mow that yard in the summer?

Depends on how many times the tractor, haybine, and baler break down, and how bad.  We'll usually cut and bale it once in late July, and then let the cattle graze it down in September/October.  We've got about 600 acres, a mix of forest, pasture, hay, and wetlands.