New O2 + KGSS Rig

tkam

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be great to hear some impressions from you, maybe a comparison between speaker rig and OII rig listening experiences.

I can certainly do that at some point but they won't be using the same source.

Congrats, Todd. Will be curious for your impressions while I wait for my own O2 rig.

They are great, hows that? ;)

They are great, hows that? ;)

Understood :)

The OII/member ratio is growing pretty fast on Head-case. :D

From memory, there's me, tkam, postjack, Duggeh, spritzer, deepak, justin, boomana, kevin gilmore, Elpheas. Anyone else?

I don't have mine yet, but hopefully soon

Seriously, I never thought I would say that, but I think the OII is a pretty good deal for the price.

I see a lot of people on H-F rolling dynamic cans in the 300-500$ range and never being satisfied. They lose money in the process and end up buying different cans for different purposes. If they want to buy the really high-end dynamic cans (K1000, HP-2, L3000, R10, HE90...), they have to pay the same price or more than a used pair of OII. Sure, the electrostatic amps cost a lot of money, but the good dynamic amps also cost a lot.

It may not be the same for everyone, but with the OII, I don't feel the need anymore to buy another pair of headphones. It covers all the genres of music that I listen very well, it sounds realistic (for headphones), it's incredibly detailed, it's comfortable and it scales well with good equipment. I have not heard the R10, HE90, and L3000, but at the prohibitive prices they sell, I'm not interested.

Anyway, all that to say that the OII rocks. O0