What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the well wishes gang. I have to say that I am very proud of Mrs. Monkey. She was extremely aggressive with her former company and in her job search such that she was able to leave early and landed 3 job offers. And this is after not having seriously interviewed in 10 years! We feel very fortunate because it is still a very sour market out there.

Thanks for the well wishes gang. I have to say that I am very proud of Mrs. Monkey. She was extremely aggressive with her former company and in her job search such that she was able to leave early and landed 3 job offers. And this is after not having seriously interviewed in 10 years! We feel very fortunate because it is still a very sour market out there.

Very glad to hear, Dinny. (Commercially) aggressive spouses FTW! :)

Set up the Mac Mini as my music server. Works great with the Macbook Pro via screen share (is there a better program to control it?). Also got to spend some time listening to the B22.
Looks like a very sweet rig and listening spot.

I use TuneConnect to remote-control iTunes on my Mac Mini from my Mac, and the Remote app to control it from my iPhone/Touch. Currently I'm using screen sharing for everything else.

Today I came to the realization that it's better to take the money I was going to spend on a second bike for training/backup and just keep it lying in wait to replace whatever the hell I break on my good bike and ride my good bike with impunity.... We'll see how this goes. I keep having an irrational fear that I will wipe out and fubar my bike a week before some race and not be able to replace it in time... The price you pay with "self insurance".

Today I came to the realization that it's better to take the money I was going to spend on a second bike for training/backup and just keep it lying in wait to replace whatever the hell I break on my good bike and ride my good bike with impunity.... We'll see how this goes. I keep having an irrational fear that I will wipe out and fubar my bike a week before some race and not be able to replace it in time... The price you pay with "self insurance".

Thought about a fixed gear? I had my main bike, a backup and a fixed gear. The backup never got used. The fixed gear was when I really wanted to punish myself. Made me a much better rider though. Also, can be much cheaper than a full backup geared bike.

I was moments away from buying a fixie but I've decided to wait until after racing season to climb that particular mountain (if I do ever). What brought this realization on is that I contacted Zipp and learned that if I wreck my Zipp 404's it's under $400 to fix them.

The only issue is then my frame which is nearly $3K but to be honest the chances of breaking a frame are pretty small and if I do then I can afford it (especially since I stopped buying stereo equipment ;) ). If said breakage does occur I'll just have to use my POS Trek 1200 in the race, which while heavy is probably only 5 lbs more than my current bike. I'll just pay to upgrade it to SRAM and be done with it. I dunno, the upgrade costs almost as much as a whole new bike.... :palm:

All I know is that I will race every race I do with my Giant TCR Advanced SL, which was not my plan all along.

Don't even get me started on a TT bike.... It looks like they might ban them for cat 5/4? Damnit.

The only issue is then my frame which is nearly $3K but to be honest the chances of breaking a frame are pretty small and if I do then I can afford it (especially since I stopped buying stereo equipment ;) ). If said breakage does occur I'll just have to use my POS Trek 1200 in the race, which while heavy is probably only 5 lbs more than my current bike. I'll just pay to upgrade it to SRAM and be done with it. I dunno, the upgrade costs almost as much as a whole new bike.... :palm:

Pretty easy to do by forgetting the bike is on a roof rack when driving into one's garage. Does decidedly unpretty stuff to carbon fibre.

I was moments away from buying a fixie but I've decided to wait until after racing season to climb that particular mountain (if I do ever). What brought this realization on is that I contacted Zipp and learned that if I wreck my Zipp 404's it's under $400 to fix them.

All I know is that I will race every race I do with my Giant TCR Advanced SL, which was not my plan all along.

Don't even get me started on a TT bike.... It looks like they might ban them for cat 5/4? Damnit.

CAT-up is the easiest way to avoid crashes in a race. I thought about a TT bike at one point but then I just used TT races for training. Sure you don't look as cool on a "normal" bike but the damn race doesn't last long anyway :)

I'm done buying audio gear too. I scheduled a full fit session on Sunday to get my Colnago dialed in. Time to really get back in the saddle. Work be damned!

Pretty easy to do by forgetting the bike is on a roof rack when driving into one's garage. Does decidedly unpretty stuff to carbon fibre.

My brother in-law did that with a steel frame and it wasn't pretty. I can't imagine what the CF would look like :o

We really need a cycling thread ....

True but at least in my case I don't have a garage but I do have a roof rack. I'm thinking of getting a tow-hitch rack for this very reason.

I'm done buying audio gear too. I scheduled a full fit session on Sunday to get my Colnago dialed in. Time to really get back in the saddle. Work be damned!

As I posted before in this thread. Yesterday I did a 5.5 hour fit session using Retul (RETUL) and was really impressed. I got fit for both road and TT and it was really neat. Biggest change was to a new saddle which cleared up a whole lot of problems.

And yes it really fucked up my work day (even after starting at 5:30 am).