NorCal Summer Meet 6/28/2008

jp11801

As some of you already know, we, here in the East, have decided to hold our own meet on the 28th. Agile_one, NightWoundsTime, tyrion, HighLife, crappyjones, and, hopefully, I will be at Gene's on Sat. and Sun. Will we have the gear you have? No. Will our meet be filled with eager head-fiers, trying out the newest and bestest? Nope. Will will care? Highly unlikely. Will will interrupt your meet as often as possible with stray and repetitive phone calls and increasingly obnoxious posts in your impressions threads? >:D

Is that the Cat Scratch Fever talking? Hmm, "alteration of mental status"? How could we tell?;D

Hope you get to enjoy a meet, and as a reigning monarch, your loyal subjects cater to your every whim.

Now forewarned, I fear Team NorCal Will engage in pre-emptive smack talk in your impressions thread, OK. Just make sure that that young whippersnapper CJ# doesn't get started with his "free variables" crazy talk.

The days are counting down, and I have a UPS tracking number just in time for the meet. Ooh fun!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to the nice UPS man, I can confirm the following slimdevices sources

Transporter,

Duet (Controller & Receiver)

SB3

All driven off a laptop based network, and some HD650's for listening

Should make for some interesting DAC comparisons...

I'll remember to bring a bunch of power strips,

See you all there

P.S.

I'll bring the nokia 770, get the iPeng plugin installed, and if there are any iPhones/iTouches present we can have a controller comparo as well.

I can't help you with your liver, other than suggesting Chianti and some Fava Beans, but your bits are more than welcome. I was going to bring an external drive, but may have to get extra supplies. The closest Fry's is in Palo Alto, but there is a Costco in Foster City. Almost on our doorstep.

As some of you already know, we, here in the East, have decided to hold our own meet on the 28th. Agile_one, NightWoundsTime, tyrion, HighLife, crappyjones, and, hopefully, I will be at Gene's on Sat. and Sun. Will we have the gear you have? No. Will our meet be filled with eager head-fiers, trying out the newest and bestest? Nope. Will will care? Highly unlikely. Will will interrupt your meet as often as possible with stray and repetitive phone calls and increasingly obnoxious posts in your impressions threads? >:D

Thats right, Team SoFlo is having a satellite meet at Gene's place.

Gear should be ok, im going to bring my stuff...gene will have his gear, dunno what mike's bringing...Matt should be bringing some good gear. I know boom is going to have some nice cans to listen to. I can actually get some time with her R10s.

We should have plenty of pics of our little get together....will post of course.

Wish you guys the best for your meet =) i wish i could attend...however gene's is going to be a hell of a time and glad we could be there in spirit.

Two wills! She must really mean it. :eek:

No, she just means that one guy named 'Will' will. The real typo was the question mark at the end.

Or, perhaps it was a double-positive (like a double-negative, only not so negative).

yes yes, i think you're right right.

;) ;)

Yeah yeah. You guys should know my brain shorts out from time to time by now. :D :D

I'm really looking forward to this weekend!

Will Mike be the Chong to his Cheech?

If anyone is Chong, it's HighLife.: )

Is this the Mean Gene Meet Machine tread? If it is, for shame as a Florida meet thread has never been so boring. Oh, wait, must be a NorCal meet thread.

Here is what I'm bringing to the meet (the one at Gene's):

FreQ - FreQ Show - Music Lover Crossover

ipod - 160 gb

Sleek SA6

and

vanwinkle.jpg

Sounds great Grahame. BTW, how difficult is it to setup the Sqeezeboxes/Transporter even without a network? I've seen some of the 45 minute tries at meet and always left mine at home. Would be interested in bringing here. And could bring the Touch which I also use with iPeng.

Sounds great Grahame. BTW, how difficult is it to setup the Sqeezeboxes/Transporter even without a network? I've seen some of the 45 minute tries at meet and always left mine at home. Would be interested in bringing here. And could bring the Touch which I also use with iPeng.

That's why I travel with a known good network :)

There's a Linksys WRT54GL providing DHCP, wireless 802.11G + 4 ports for a wired network. I have some other 5 port switches I can bring so everyone can play on the network - we could even have multiple (slim)servers on the network - any spare Cat5 cables, bring them along.

Active speaker Request.

==================

Since it looks like we're going to be demoing speakers at some point

(Either in the main room, or maybe in one/some of the guest rooms?)

Anybody have any active/powered speakers worth demoing for 2ndary setups, I'm thinking active Quad12L's , Audioengine A5's, A2's and the like.

JP - if you don't think this (the active speakers demoing part) is a good idea, please say so. I totally understand.

If anyone is Chong, it's HighLife.: )

Is this the Mean Gene Meet Machine tread? If it is, for shame as a Florida meet thread has never been so boring. Oh, wait, must be a NorCal meet thread.

Here is what I'm bringing to the meet (the one at Gene's):

FreQ - FreQ Show - Music Lover Crossover

ipod - 160 gb

Sleek SA6

and

vanwinkle.jpg

Hey i resemble that comment......ya......btw im going to wear my Chong hat for the trip =)

Mike, dammit, bring your duet and your mini mac...i didnt get a chance to hear it.

No active speakers would be welcome

I am thinking of 2 - 20 minute speaker sessions , mid meet and near the end

No, active speakers would be welcome. Should I bring M-audio BX5a? More crap to tote, but I am thinking that I will just bring the TTVJ 307A instead of the Beta. Bad idea?

No, active speakers would be welcome. Should I bring M-audio BX5a? More crap to tote, but I am thinking that I will just bring the TTVJ 307A instead of the Beta. Bad idea?

Damn, with the 307A, this might just turn out to be a decent meet.

Between the Beta 24 and the 307A, you guys should have a great time.