Woah! What's up with the quick thread locks lately?

swt61

I thought we were having some light hearted fun in the "Is this the anti head-fi forum or what?" thread, only to see it locked very quickly.

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't get any kind of malicious sense from those last several posts, just some fun loving, lighthearted ribbing.

I noticed the same thing in another thread recently. Are we jumping the gun too early and censoring like the other site? Just my own viewpoint.

It's just that threads like that are magnets for the whining about headfi, and we're trying to move beyond that

Yeah, you have a point there.

I was just getting ready to let Duggeh know I was just ribbing him, when I realized it had been locked. It just caught me by surprise.

I can only take so much jackassery and like Dan said, the whining ratio is getting a bit high. If the latest poster in that thread had tried to offer anything other than worthless content I wouldn't have locked it. The powers that be are certainly free to unlock the thread if they see some value there.

I can only take so much jackassery and like Dan said, the whining ratio is getting a bit high. If the latest poster in that thread had tried to offer anything other than worthless content I wouldn't have locked it. The powers that be are certainly free to unlock the thread if they see some value there.

No Nate I understand where you're coming from, it just caught me off guard I guess. Looking back at the thread I can see the whiny nature. I was worried that maybe my attempt at humor, or humour had been misunderstood.

It's all good. ;D

Yup, my apologies if what I said upset someone too, that wasnt the intention.

Peace.

Just to be clear -- we don't usually mind a small amount of entropy, it's when it builds up to critical mass and it starts evolving into assmillinery that the mods start locking threads. Me, I have a background in physics, so I know that entropy only ever increases, so I just sit back and wait for the next big bang.

There was nothing particularly offensive about the threads in question. The mods are being a bit heavy handed. I find this place touchy and restrictive. Despite the flattering self-comparison otherwise to that other place. Cutting threads off so soon overreaches authority. Let the threads breath for goodness sake. And why must people be so uninviting to newbies; it's all seems like people are desparate to be in-crowd cool.

There was nothing particularly offensive about the threads in question. The mods are being a bit heavy handed. I find this place touchy and restrictive. Despite the flattering self-comparison otherwise to that other place. Cutting threads off so soon overreaches authority. Let the threads breath for goodness sake. And why must people be so uninviting to newbies; it's all seems like people are desparate to be in-crowd cool.

Fine, fuck off?

We're not here to please you, we're here to please us.

You just don't get it, do ya?

moderation doesn't happen because something is offensive. It happens when one of the moderators decides something should be different. Period. End of story.

See any advertising? Did you pay a membership fee? Have you contributed anything to make us give a shit what you want or why? If not, shut your cake hole, quit whining, and either participate or not.

you're basically a very good example of the type of person who doesn't get accepted around here. did you happen to read around before you made that post?

The last thread was certainly going nowhere fast, and I helped it get there. Apologies.

I am guessing what some people are concerned about is the possibility of HC getting to be too much like some other sites, in their moderating fashion. I have no comment positive or negative on this subject, just wanted to help explain others comments as I see them.

If the latest poster in that thread had tried to offer anything other than worthless content I wouldn't have locked it.

You just don't get it, do ya?

moderation... [snip] happens when one of the moderators decides something should be different. Period. End of story.

Did you pay a membership fee? [snip] quit whining, and either participate or not.

i've read posts and received messages from mods on that other site that are near identical to these comments. :-\