New AKG K702

riceboy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

weird that they show an xlr cable in the picture
Weird that they show the headphone cable disconnected from the headphone? At least they're not using proprietary Sennheiser connectors.

And I think it's mini -- it looks like a full XLR on the huge pic, until you compare it with the rest of the headphone for scale.

My head's big, but not that big. The K340 fit fine, even with new elastics. But the 5/6/701 all have the ear pads pushing up on the bottom of my ears with the headband elastics stretched all the way out. So maybe it's not a big head as much as low-riding ears. Regardless, if they're made the same as the 701, they're unwearable for me. The replacable cable is pretty cool, though.

Weird that they show the headphone cable disconnected from the headphone? At least they're not using proprietary Sennheiser connectors.

Yeah, I guess they want to really show folks the new detachable cable feature.

Would it be pretty easy for custom cable makers to now make different cables for the K702? Too bad it doesn't have a detachable cable for both sides of the K702.

So aside from the detachable cable, these are just black 701s right?
Well...I don't know about black (the press release says, "stage blue"), but...yes, the way I read the press release, they're basically non-white K701's...with detachable cables. I.E. designed for us musicians and studio mavens (and, yes, wannabes) who abuse the shit out of our gear.

Oh, and: argh, they're not black enough.