Beatles albums remastered soon?

riceboy

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Crap, Mono box sounds pretty dang awesome! I still like the tube cut LPs the few I have but these are detail monsters. So far just listened to Revolver and PPM and I'll knock out the remainder this week. I am just about on Beatles overload as the Hoffman board was just about 100% Beatles all the time. Speaking of that the SH board seems to have collapsed today.

I agree. I love the original sound of the mono box. Sounds great as is. Here is a small clip of a track from the mono box with a little negative EQ. Hope you like:

Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

Holy Crap, Mono box sounds pretty dang awesome! I still like the tube cut LPs the few I have but these are detail monsters. So far just listened to Revolver and PPM and I'll knock out the remainder this week. I am just about on Beatles overload as the Hoffman board was just about 100% Beatles all the time. Speaking of that the SH board seems to have collapsed today.
That's great to hear!

So, purely hypothetical question, but if I had a mono FLAC file and converted it to ALAC and it shows up as stereo in iTunes, did I screw a pooch? Again, you know, just apropos of nothing.

I've never been brave enough to save a track as mono, either at home or for the web, for fear that something terrible would happen on the player side and a couple of planets would slip out of alignment or something. We've already lost one planet. You can't be too careful about this kind of stuff.

Chris, is there a single place in Amazon to buy both or do you have to buy them separately? If the former, could you please provide a link to it. Thanks.

Separately. At least that's how I priced it.

IF you do buy from there don't forget to use the H-C support link.

Edited by Dreadhead

Guttenberg says remasters don't improve on previous releases (when listening with Monster Turbines or Audioengine A2s).

Don't buy the Beatles remasters, unless... | The Audiophiliac - CNET News

well reading some of the article he is not wrong at all, the original LPs offer equal to or better than sonics to the remasters (IMHO). The remasters are better than the 87s but the improvement come out when you can pick up the details for the most part and the average person may not have the gear or may not actively listen all that much.

His advice if you gear sucks spend your money on gear improvement over the remasters. He also listened on a high end TT and CDP that many of us would be more than happy to have, well maybe not he the VPI :P