The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

I think the widest DX-specific non-fisheye prime is Sigma 30/1.4.  Same on Canon side, if I'm not mistaken.

It looks like they're working to trying to let those with non-recurring Pro account sign up for a recurring account.

https://www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157633549071436/#reply72157633533344529

They've now set it up that you should be able to get a recurring Pro membership assuming you had a Pro account at 12am (GMT) on May 20, 2013.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

I have one Haj (Nikkor 20mm/2.8D), and like it a lot.  Small, light, and great for tight quarters, landscapes, or special effects.  Still learning how best to compose, and sometimes forget to put something interesting in the foreground, or to be careful what gets included in the background with this FOV.  Have also had the 28 and 24, but let them both go for the 20.  If you are gonna go wide, go wide.  All my shooting has been with D700/D600, so FX only.

I have some time this summer and would finally like to get around to learning how to post-process my photos when needed.  At some point I bought Lightroom 3 but never really learned how to use it (so I just keep my photos organized in iphoto for now).  My question is whether I should get and learn Aperture instead since Adobe has started this subscription based software crap.  I don't want to really go through the hassle of learning Lightroom and then switching to another program and having to relearn it.  I assume that both are pretty good products.  

The 2013 US Cycling National Championships in Chattanooga, TN.

Some of the shots are "meh", and I messed up some, but figure they can be fixed. All are straight-off-the-cam JPGs.

8873108482_2a4d5806d5_c.jpg
IMG_0147 by MexicanDragon, on Flickr

8872492081_e06bec5d52_c.jpg
IMG_0140 by MexicanDragon, on Flickr

8873079200_8480aafbf3_c.jpg
IMG_0069 by MexicanDragon, on Flickr

8873230682_3e31ec58b5_c.jpg
IMG_0371 by MexicanDragon, on Flickr

Here's the set, if interested.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mexicandragon/sets/72157633774475262/

**BRENT**

Come on now...use your legs to zoom. Prime lenses all day.

This is my usual attitude, but the problem has always been zooming out indoors. I think ...

I have one Haj (Nikkor 20mm/2.8D), and like it a lot.  Small, light, and great for tight quarters, landscapes, or special effects.  Still learning how best to compose, and sometimes forget to put something interesting in the foreground, or to be careful what gets included in the background with this FOV.  Have also had the 28 and 24, but let them both go for the 20.  If you are gonna go wide, go wide.  All my shooting has been with D700/D600, so FX only.

...this is my answer. I'd have bought one but they were sold out everywhere here. I actually used the 14-24 at 24mm about half the time IIRC, so I know it is about right.

Ok, I'll shut up with my indecisiveness and post pictures.

Shawn_standing_DSC_9890.jpg

Before anyone asks, yes, the highlights are over-blown deliberately. The flash set-up wasn't as good as it could have been as I was in a hurry to grab the smile.

Yes, he's cute too. He likes jumping up-and-down and/or falling asleep on me listening to "Friday Night in San Francisco".

Edited by Currawong