The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

Great pics everyone!

catscratch - those EdMika adapters look great & well-made, But it is my understanding that there are issues with focusing to infinity (and mirror contact) with some lens + full-frame camera body combinations. Just FYI.

Hmm I didn't know that either.  It's actually pretty nice now because you can use your original camera battery along with the batteries in the grip.  Previously, the grip actually went in the battery slot.  But then again, maybe that was a battery itself so now Nikon's shortchanging us a battery.

When did all Nikon battery grips become so that you have to remove it to change battery, except, of course, the one in the grip itself?

The MB-D10 for the D300/D700 was the first I think. 

Its nice because if you shoot with and without the grip the new grips take up less room in your camera bag and are less likely to get broken. 

You can set the camera to use the battery in the vertical grip first so you don't have to take it off to get at the battery in the body so often. 

My D200 never used the batteries simultaneously - it would drain the left one and then start on the right one.

I agree entirely. Taking a photograph of a girl doesn't mean I am looking for someone else to go out with though. 

Not that it matters, but she is a student of mine. I was holding a review prior to the final exam at Whole Foods. Above picture was the only one that wasn't ruined by harsh shadows from midday sun. Also it was the only one where I used the flash and the clouds somewhat covered the sun.  

Edited by crappyjones123

WTF, Adobe - Adobe Unveils Major Update to Creative Cloud

Supposedly, Lightroom will continue as a standalone software, at least through LR5 (in addition to being part of the Creative Cloud nonsense).  Makes me wonder if I should start looking for a replacement.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

Ari ... nice mood shot ... where was that scene?

cj ... 105 dc is on my radar ... how much (if any) dc on that shot?

Haj ... agree on Adobe's cloud initiative ... wtf?  Seems they are in love with the subscription model with monthly revenues.