Top Posters In This Topic

Main Entry:

flail

Function:

verb

Date:

15th century

transitive verb

1 a: to strike with or as if with a flail <arms flailing the water> b: to move, swing, or beat as if wielding a flail <flailing a club to drive away the insects>2: to thresh (grain) with a flailintransitive verb: to move, swing, or beat like a flail

So...not exactly successful in the imagery I was trying to capture, but the idea that I was trying to put forth was chaos/anarchy/entropy/random motion -- "flailing about".

So...never mind.

So here is a bit more entertainment.

On ray's portables there is that big 10000 uf cap, and a source impedance

that charges it of about 5 ohms. So a total charging time of about 200 milliseconds.

Yet it takes months and months to burn in, so says ray.

mikhail's thing is 2 x 1000 uf caps in parallel charged by a 1 meg resistor.

charging time of about 63000 seconds... or about 18 hours.

So true burn in takes about an eon or so... :D

I should start a thread talking about the myriad subtle changes I'm experiencing day to day with my SDS with the 10 inch tall caps.

At least they are in the PSU and not the signal path... :palm: Most companies boast about zero electrolytics in the signal path for a reason.

quoting a complete and utter moron by the name of HeaphoneAddict

I am just guessing, but if there is a baseline with the positive part of the signal above that and the negative below that - what if he further divides the positive phase into two by the part going up and the part heading back down, and does the same with the negative signal. That divides the right and left channel each into 4 segments = 8

Could that be it?

look what happens when complete marketing bullshit is explained by a

completely clueless jackass.

quoting a complete and utter moron by the name of HeaphoneAddict

I am just guessing, but if there is a baseline with the positive part of the signal above that and the negative below that - what if he further divides the positive phase into two by the part going up and the part heading back down, and does the same with the negative signal. That divides the right and left channel each into 4 segments = 8

Could that be it?

look what happens when complete marketing bullshit is explained by a

completely clueless jackass.

what about outputting 2 channels of 3-phase AC, wouldn't that be a 6-channel amp? =)

Or, you know, you could -- instead of worrying about "phases" and shit like that -- you could just divide the signal up into tiny increments based on time. Then you could amplify each bit separately. If you made your increments tiny enough, it wouldn't even have to be that accurate -- it could just be a full-on, full-off type number, and then it would have an equivalent effect.

Or, you know, you could -- instead of worrying about "phases" and shit like that -- you could just divide the signal up into tiny increments based on time. Then you could amplify each bit separately. If you made your increments tiny enough, it wouldn't even have to be that accurate -- it could just be a full-on, full-off type number, and then it would have an equivalent effect.

like this?

ac3.gif