New Automatic Coffee Maker

The Monkey

I know that java-fi will probably have my head, but I need a good auto coffee maker for the morning. Yes, I have a French press, but I just don't have the time in the morning most days.

So, here's what I need: a reliable coffee maker with a timer that makes good joe. Flavor over looks and not too expensive. Help me.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been using one of the Cuisinart 12-cup Grind & Brew models for about 4yrs now. I occasionally use the timer and it's never failed me but since it only takes about 10min. to brew a pot and the fact that the grinder is loud enough to wake me up I tend to leave it till I'm already away.

Cuisinart - DGB-550BK

My boss had this and it did make a mean cup of joe. I would recommend it!

My recommendation is just to install an instant hot water tap in your sink, costs about $200 installed. And get a decent burr grinder for about $50. Set the number of cups, start the grinder, then get the hot water, add grounds, mix, wait 4 minutes. Great french press coffee quick and easy.

My recommendation is just to install an instant hot water tap in your sink, costs about $200 installed. And get a decent burr grinder for about $50. Set the number of cups, start the grinder, then get the hot water, add grounds, mix, wait 4 minutes. Great french press coffee quick and easy.

I like this idea, but as lazy as it sounds, the French press just doesn't work for me during the week. Getting out of the house with The Little Monkey is hard enough as it is that I need to be able to just throw a switch. However, you've reminded me that I should be using the press every weekend.

What they call new isn't new at all. Very well known La Pavoni needs some hand work as well and I think the idea are pretty close to this simple AeroPress. If I were you, I would take a look at this one as well, NESPRESSO.

https://secure.nespresso.com/precom/sima/selector_us_en.html

lapavonizd8.jpg

dirt cheap and the best coffee I have ever had every time fast too.

[url=http://www.aerobie.com/Products/aeropress_story.htm]Aerobie