Sony XA-5400ES

JBLoudG20

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DSD is Pulse-Density-Modulated (PDM)

Yeah you're right :palm:. It's not quite the same thing as 1 bit PCM which would be delta modulated. Since they use delta sigma though the order of the filtering changes:

Delta-sigma modulation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Still in the end it's "easy" to go from one to the other but the data is not preserved exactly because there is a filter involved etc.....

Yeah. Surely there's got to be a Rev. II on the way after sinking all that cash into the new DACs? Go go gadget digital ins!

Or they are cutting their losses.... I'm not sure where KG got that info about the DACs but it's extremely rare for companies to share their R&D budgets and/or for the engineers to know what they are.

Yeah. Surely there's got to be a Rev. II on the way after sinking all that cash into the new DACs? Go go gadget digital ins!

Except that they are also using those DACs in their receivers and sound processors. But I'm also hoping they release a new revision with digital ins also.

But hey, thats why we have office rigs :D

Yeah I keep dreaming but in the end my cube isn't suitable for a "good" office rig. Open phones would just piss people off. Also my Creative ZVM->AE-2-> Ety ER-4s is really almost as good as my home rig and plenty good for work.

Maybe sometime in the future I'll get an office but I don't see that for a long time.

Edited by Dreadhead

I'd be glad to see it, but bummed I just bought the current version.:palm:

Well, there's a good chance the new version will be worse, as opposed to better.

Did you get yours yet? I was half hoping you wouldn't be able to sell your DAC3 so you can give a comparison. ;)

I'm expecting it to arrive today or tomorrow. I should be able to pick it up once its here (my parents house) and bring it back to where I'm living, before the weekend.

I may not be able to do a direct comparison, but I've had the Dac3 for about 1.5 years now, so I'm fairly familiar with its sound. I figure I can at least give a ballpark comparison to differences in tonality, if nothing else.

• 2 weeks later...