Aristaeus came and went on HF.. lasted 20 minutes

Luminette

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else catch the part about Ray inventing a new/old HE60 paradox? I've never heard of them sounding different after having their drivers replaced by Sennheiser. :palm:

I don't doubt that the phones sound better after a trip to Sennheiser but it has nothing to do with the drivers being new or not. They replaced the rubber o-ring along with the drivers which sealed the leaking backwave. Ray being a fucking half-wit... what a shocking surprise! :palm:

I used to have two pairs of HE-60's. One had original drivers and one with new (approx 3 yrs. ago) drivers. With the same source and amp they sounded alike to me. But maybe my ears are not as discerning as some others. Also it was not exactly clear to me that Sennheiser did the replacements. But as I said, I did not read it that closely.

"SOTA" B-52 preamp and tack on some simple ESP output stage.

A single gain tube and a cathode follower is a SOTA preamp ???

You kidding right ???

Ray gets to fuck up the electrostatic market with his bullshit. OH JOY.

I guess that there is nothing left that is sacred anymore.

WOA... just found this one. Billy just has to have it.

Auction on thursday...

http://www.doa.nc.gov/ssp/auction/Item%2078.jpg

A single gain tube and a cathode follower is a SOTA preamp ???

You kidding right ???

Yup! :D I just though more people had seen the B-52 listed in A'gon a few weeks ago which had been upgraded with Jena wire, V-Caps and some other crap "making this already SOTA preamp even better"... :rolleyes:

oh and what EMI frequencies are important in the audio field, pray tell?

I'll be honest and say I don't know... 60hz? Mutliples of 44.1 up to maybe 200 kHz?

On the other hand 315 MHz? Let me know when you can hear the effect of having a garage door opener broadcasting nearby (it appears that's a common fequency for them). As far as I know other than some pretty exotic digital stuff everything in audio is below the 1 MHz range for the oscillators.

I'll be honest and say I don't know... 60hz? Mutliples of 44.1 up to maybe 200 kHz?

On the other hand 315 MHz? Let me know when you can hear the effect of having a garage door opener broadcasting nearby (it appears that's a common fequency for them). As far as I know other than some pretty exotic digital stuff everything in audio is below the 1 MHz range for the oscillators.

I think you are confused between EMI and RFI. The tests below were specifically for EMI. Not thing to vindicate the vendor here, but it's hard to say what frequency of EMI is considered "bad" for electronics. For example, what is the impact on wide-band opamp circuits working in ranges > 1MHz like used in amb's mini3 portable?

I think you are confused between EMI and RFI. The tests below were specifically for EMI. Not thing to vindicate the vendor here, but it's hard to say what frequency of EMI is considered "bad" for electronics. For example, what is the impact on wide-band opamp circuits working in ranges > 1MHz like used in amb's mini3 portable?

EMI and RFI are different? I, my electromag courses (admittedly a decade ago) and wikipedia dissagree, photons are photons. Anyway the are talking up at 315 times the 1MHz you mention and it's not even effective. If we all have serious issues with those frequencies we better live far away from any FM radio (about 100 MHz) or AM .5-1.5 MHz. I still can not see it being of any use. Does look cool though.

A couple of people i trust, maybe.

Only 3 people can fit in the media room these days.

(or me plus tyll and then the couch is full)

Anytime you old fart.

friday.gif

And Billy, The Chicago national didn't happen because I was an idiot and decided to think you might be able to keep your shit together ... which you subsequently proved to be a ridiculous assumption.

no he isn't, unless you're being really anal.

EMI is sort of a general-purpose nomenclature of many different types of interference. Aluminum is not effective in shielding against the Magnetic interference, but it is good for Electrical interferences, including RFI (which is a sub-class of EMI).

taken from here:

chassis/enclosure questions.... - Page 2 - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio