What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

I'm doing something a bit different today, as the ipod is in the car and its cold as fuck outside....

LASTFM RADIO (playing my library on random, basically)

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magik

Garbage - Stupid Girl

Nickelback - Should've Listened

Supertramp - Just Another Nervous Wreck

Iron Maiden - Judas Be My Guide

Donald Fagen - Green Flower Street

Maceo Parker - Blues For Shorty Bill

Tenacious D - Kickapoo

Thelonious Monk - Well, You Needn't (some random live version)

Scorpions - No One Like You (live)

Al DiMeola - Electric Rendezvous

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read the RYM music forums a few times a week, but regardless of if it's true or not, it seems to be full of 12 year old boys arguing about genres. Every once in a while I'll come across something worth while there, but usually it's a 30 second visit. I would love to catalog my music there at some point, but it would just be such a monumental undertaking that it's difficult to start.

I have an account there and attempted to catalog my music as well. After a handful laziness kicked in and I gave up :D

I think I broke the 3000 barrier for CDs sometime this month (or last) :-0

I have an account there and attempted to catalog my music as well. After a handful laziness kicked in and I gave up :D

I think I broke the 3000 barrier for CDs sometime this month (or last) :-0

I still need to add a log of my stuff but I am about 80% done with CD. LPs I just started yet and digital I don't even want to bother with :P

What is your handle there?

N.P. Heretic - 1984-88 (1994)

I still need to add a log of my stuff but I am about 80% done with CD. LPs I just started yet and digital I don't even want to bother with :P

What is your handle there?

N.P. Heretic - 1984-88 (1994)

It's either j-pak, jpak or deepak. I haven't logged in, in a long time.

I think what made it hard about cataloging was "rating" your music. I rate most of the crap I own fairly highly...which is why I own it, so it didn't seem to make sense when I was giving most things over a 3.0

I'm a big fan of the lastfm radio. My music source of choice when I dont have access to my own music.

Me 2. That and Pandora. When I discover a new artist that I like I will create a station and use it to discover other new music and so on and on, never ends (which is a good thing).

I will also sometimes use Live Plasma but you don't hear the music so it's not as good.

I still haven't heard X Factor - A Matter of Life and Death.

Brave New World and A Matter of Life and Death are excellent, but I find the rest pretty hit or miss and none of these albums can hold a candle to the classic NOTB - Seventh Son period. Iron Maiden is probably the best heavy metal live act I've ever seen though, so if you haven't seen them yet, I'd suggest jumping on the first occasion before they stop touring.