What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

w132ht.jpg

Jamie Lidell - Jim

Are there any fans of his here? I'm not really into the new British soul movement of artists like Adele, Duffy, Amy Winehouse, James Morrison or neo-soul like D'Angelo, John Legend, etc. But I think this guy fucking rocks. He can sing like a mini Otis Redding and his stuff sounds really authentic 60's/70's soul.

w132ht.jpg

Jamie Lidell - Jim

Are there any fans of his here? I'm not really into the new British soul movement of artists like Adele, Duffy, Amy Winehouse, James Morrison or neo-soul like D'Angelo, John Legend, etc. But I think this guy fucking rocks. He can sing like a mini Otis Redding and his stuff sounds really authentic 60's/70's soul.

I'm a fan. He does pop right in my eyes

Shulman - In Search of a Meaningful Moment

Eclectic, genre-blending, mind-bending, seriously tripped-out ambient electronica with a strong sense of classically-trained melody. The best electronica artist I've discovered in the last few years. If you're into Shpongle this will be up your alley, though Shulman is somewhat more free-form and experimental.

Now, another day is stuck in my head

Nice.

I'm listening to his 2005 album Multiply now:

358dker.jpg

The end of the title track ("People on the street...") is so rad. Towards the end he really sounds like Otis ("So tired, so tired...). Who knew a white guy from the UK could sound so much like a black guy from the south?

Dude even says "hang out with audiophiles" on the next track "When I Come Around". He also works with Feist and her writing partners Mocky and Gonzalez. He kicks so much ass.