deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harmonium - long french title

Harmonium_-_Si_On_Avait_Besoin_D%27Une_Cinqui%C3%A8me_Saison.jpg

:cool:

If you like this one you should also check their third and last studio album called "L'Heptade" which is more introspective and darker with superb symphonic instrumentation and arrangements. One of my top 5 albums for sure.

:cool:

If you like this one you should also check their third and last studio album called "L'Heptade" which is more introspective and darker with superb symphonic instrumentation and arrangements. One of my top 5 albums for sure.

I have been a fan of Si' for a long time, but haven't been able to find their other albums. I actually enjoy the non-singing parts the most, so mostly the second half of Si'.

I have been a fan of Si' for a long time, but haven't been able to find their other albums. I actually enjoy the non-singing parts the most, so mostly the second half of Si'.

Let me know if you ever want me to buy you one, they are always on sale at cheap prices here. The first album is more acoustic/folky and features a lot of great vocals, but it might be hard to enjoy when French is not your native language. On "L'Heptade", most of the tracks clock over 10 minutes and they have a good balance of vocals and instrumentals and it's the most "prog" album they've done. The lyrics are simply wonderful, I'd put Fiori on the same level as guys like Peter Hammill and Fish for writing dark and depressing lyrics.

244trb7.jpg

I'm really not a fan of Bob Marley, and Bill Laswell is so prolific that had virtually no quality control. He's also reputed to be a massively self-important asshat. All of that said, this disk is surprisingly good. I'm listening to it tonight for the first time in nearly a decade.