What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2z6ijqr.jpg

Ted Leo & the Pharmacists - The Tyranny of Distance

He kind of lost it with the last one Living with the Living. But this album and Hearts of Oak are both really good.

I hope he gets it back for his next release, but I'm pretty sure he will never top this.

this is a kickass disc. Redman just gets better and better.

I am Voltron, and I approve of this message. :)

He is playing in Oakland this week with Hutchinson on drums and Matt Penman, not on the record but somebody who played with Joshua in the SF Jazz Collective. I wish I hadn't gone to the disappointing Nels Cline gig the other night and I wish Brian Blade was on drums, but I still might try to sneak in one set anyway. :cool:

I have several times and I agree you would love it. I also saw his dad play in celebration of his 75th birthday. Clarke68 and I were in the front row and Dewey wailed. It was really great. Then he died within about 3-4 months. That sucked but I was glad to have caught him and on such a happy night.

I've never heard that album, but it looks great. Don't know much about Jenkins. What/who does he play like?

McCoy Tyner is playing all over the place, except Ohio. You should get to MD, PA or someplace damn soon because this tour is great and he is playing much better than when I saw him a few years ago. He is turning 70 this year, which actually seems young to me. Sadly, it seems Horace Silver has Alzheimers and he is no longer available. I never saw him either. :(