What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, also probably because they are probably two of his most famous pieces of chamber music.

So how do you learn pieces with more than, e.g., just a sonata? Do you find a general midi file and then take out the violin part? Of course, if none exist, then you're in TRANSCRIPTION HELL...

What really needs to be invented is an OCR for music.

Yeah there's that, too.

Actually, I pretty much don't. Even sonatas are very hard because they share an equal role with the piano, so it's really only possible to learn solo stuff and concertos (but not really) on my own. Life sucks for instrumentalists who aren't pianists.

*snicker, snicker*

Ray Brown & Laurindo Almeida -- Moonlight Serenade (Jeton Vinyl)

AJET_33004__14134__01152009113236-7597.jpg

Wow, does this thing knock my socks off with the AirTight PC-1! BASS in your bowels! Wow.

If you like this, I highly recommend that you buy the Eastwind Direct-to-Disk recording of LA Four "Going Home"

front_home.jpg

It's out of print but appears regularly on eBay and other places.

mzi.fezxqnrq.170x170-75.jpg

Eddie Condon - The Best of Eddie Condon

This budget two-LP set (which inexcusably has no liner notes nor even a personnel listing) contains about one hour of music, 20 three-minute selections from Eddie Condon's period with the Decca label. Although the music is not necessarily the best, there are many fine solos and plenty of freewheeling ensembles. The all-star groups include such classic players as trumpeters Bobby Hackett, Billy Butterfield, Max Kaminsky, Wild Bill Davison and Johnny Windhurst, trombonists Jack Teagarden, Cutty Cutshall (who takes a rare vocal on "Everybody Loves My Baby"') and Brad Gowans, clarinetists Pee Wee Russell, Peanuts Hucko, Joe Dixon, Edmond Hall and Tony Parenti, Bud Freeman on tenor, baritonist Ernie Caceres, pianists Gene Schroeder, Ralph Sutton and James P. Johnson, bassists Bob Haggart and Jack Lesberg and drummers George Wettling, Buzzy Drootin and Dave Tough; Bing Crosby even drops by to sing "After You've Gone."

If you like this, I highly recommend that you buy the Eastwind Direct-to-Disk recording of LA Four "Going Home"

It's out of print but appears regularly on eBay and other places.

I have a couple LA4 records, and that *might* be one of them. Just Friends (Concord direct-to-disk) is my favorite, but I will look for that one.

Been listening to vinyl since this morning with the BAT in the system

Lyle Lovett & his Large Band

Big John Patton "Oh Baby!"

James taylor "Covers"

Dire Straits "Brothers in Arms"

Holly Cole "temptation"

Dave Seaman "Melbourne"

Eva Cassidy "Songbird"

Jack Johnson "In Between Dreams"

Cassandra Wilson "Glamoured"

Hugh Masekela "Hope"

Freddie Hubbard "Here to Stay"

Peter gabrial "SO"

Diana Krall "Quiet Nights"

Off to spin some more. No work tomorrow! LOL

Aztec Camera -- High Land, Hard Rain
Nice :)
Vinyl.
Fuck you.

Now playing:

diabeetus-chutes.jpg

The Shins - Chutes Too Narrow (2003)

On CD. Perfect sound forever!

Lovin' these Magnum thingers as well.

How the fuck did I manage to ignore these guys for so long!!? Thanks to Sarah for having 2001's _Oh, Inverted World_ in her record pile.