What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee Morgan -- Tom Cat Music Matters 45 RPM vinyl. Man, I just want everybody to come over and listen to this record! Wow is an understatement, from the vinyl, to the sound, to the music, to my system really hitting its stride. I am not meaning to brag at all, I just want anybody that might like this music to hear it this way. If the wife and kids weren't hear, I would be cranking this up like there was no tomorrow. Awesome stuff.

BNLP1078-45-Large.jpg

They are primarily stunning in their quietude and lack of defects. I have had two issues between my two subscriptions. One was a scratch or some such and the other was a weird labeling issue where side 1 of Blue Train was backed with side 3 of Hootin and Tootin. In both cases, they just sent me a replacement disc with the next shipment.

Well, it's "best of the year lists" time again, so I'm catching up on all the albums I didn't give enough of a chance the first time around but I've no doubt I'll have to talk about with someone in the upcoming weeks.

First up:

Bon Iver: For Emma, Forever Ago

jag115.jpg

NurseryCryme71.jpg

I downloaded some "samples" of the new 1970-1975 box to see if it was worth buying. My advice: stay away from this shit.

Like for the 1976-1982 box, they killed a lot of the great dynamics and we're left with a forward, overly bright and compressed sound that makes for a very fatiguing listen. For CDs, the original Virigin Charisma pressings are the way to go as far as I'm concerned.

NurseryCryme71.jpg

I downloaded some "samples" of the new 1970-1975 box to see if it was worth buying. My advice: stay away from this shit.

Like for the 1976-1982 box, they killed a lot of the great dynamics and we're left with a forward, overly bright and compressed sound that makes for a very fatiguing listen. For CDs, the original Virigin Charisma pressings are the way to go as far as I'm concerned.

That is so depressing. I would have loved to have heard these on SACD...