OPPO BDP-83

Hopstretch

Although it's probably impolitic for me to reply to this, I doubt Neuromancer knows of this forum and I wouldn't want anyone to be incorrectly characterized.

My knowledge of Neuromancer on AVSForum is simply that he was part of the BDP-83 beta program and really likes the OPPO product line. He was/is a prolific poster in BDP-83 related threads and has been for quite some time now. I do not believe he has any other association with OPPO.

I met the stateside OPPO folks at their office in Mountain View a few years back when they first launched. Great people.

Fair enough. I said, "whatever" to exactly capture that group of people who may not technically be associated with the merchant or member of the trade -- or more importantly, they may not get anything out of it, financially or free gear-wise -- but might still be privvy to inside information somehow.

So, sorry if I made it sound like that wasn't still possibly the case.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could've...should've...didn't.

EDIT: ss -- so what it sounds like is that they use the same boards, but they populate them themselves?

Yes that would seem to be the case.

The one thing I like about the NF mod is that NF work and has worked with Oppo on development of the sound boards for a few years.

And my take, If you read back to the development stage of this new sound board for the Oppo BD-83, NF wanted Oppo to use some more expensive and/or time consuming parts and/or procedures. However because Oppo didn't think that the additional costs would be of not much impact to the audio and oppos price point would not be achieved.

Of course we still need feed back from the real world to determine if there is any benefits.

As of yesterday NF was sold out of the BD-83SE NFE. So they have taken down there pricing, saying check back 11/16.

ss

What sort of thing, exactly? Any after-market power cords or just those that cost $379?

Somewhat skeptical of all of it, certainly skeptical when I see things like $1499 Statement One power cables and the like.

I understand the difference between a crappy cable and what that can mean generally vs. a quality cable but honest to goodness I really just start scratching my head and become very skeptical and leery when I see 3 feet power cables for $1500 and such and see the marketing claims out there for these sorts of things.

Black Sand Cable Power Cords

*gasps*

Consider me HIGHLY skeptical of this sort of thing.

You should be skeptical. Theirs a lot of high priced cables and cords out there that are junk.

When I got my V1 it was $260.usd. But I guess Black Sand raised there price, because they are selling.

But if you want a best bang for your buck, then the Jellyfish is a nice power cord at about $25.usd. Not as good for sound-stage and speed ect., as the V1.

ss

I'm skeptical of the above.

As am I.

I respectfully repeat my request to please let me take a look at some kind of empirical data and such so I can get into this concept of power cables improving soundstage, speed, and other sound quality factors like that.

(I also know that there are equivalent claims on the video side.)

What brand of t-shirts have you found that produce the best effect?

the t-shirts i buy from the guy with the shopping cart downtown work just fine for me! don't like grawk tell you you need fancy american apparel shirts.

iPodPostjack? :confused:

Gawd, I hope not. He'd really be having one up on us.

come on, did y'all really think that feedback thread format was for real? :)

• 3 weeks later...