My very own Beta 22 thread

Smeggy

So my mostly completed Beta 22 arrives tomorrow and I'm taking the day off to see if I can get her finished. What does that mean to you lot I hear you say?

Funny you should ask..

I'll need all hands on deck guiding me through the precarious operation to bring life to my baby. I'm still not sure what's connected and what's not or how much work is left to do so I'll need some guidance on how not to blow it up ;D

Stay tuned... tomorrow will bring pics and questions

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It was already one in the morning; the rain pattered dismally against the panes, and my candle was nearly burnt out, when, by the glimmer of the half-extinguished light, I saw the dull yellow eye of the creature open . . ."

-Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Whatever the LED color, good luck bringing your creature to life. :) I can't help your efforts at all, but I did get those cell phone charger thingies and will send you one if you PM me your address.

Good luck Dr. Frankenstein!

Here are the pics I got of previous progress...

img6236q.jpg

img6237b.jpg

img6238qrf.jpg

img6240t.jpg

Might be quicker and easier than I thought (fingers crossed), from a prior message..

"all that is left: case up the transformer. Build umbilical for power. Wire outputs. Power and test".

:D

Holly transformer batman! What size is that? If you need any help shoot me a PM. I just happen to know some of the tricks to blow it up ;)

Eeeexcellent *rubs bony hands together*

I don't know what size that transfo is, just to be safe I did buy a 160Va one... just to be sure it had enough juice to really blow the shit out of everything. Didn't want to take any chances ;)

The transfo I have here has a whole bunch of wires hanging out of it... no idea what they're for :rolleyes: will post a pic of it tonight.

Gah!! the one in the pic has a load of wires too :eek:

Edited by Smeggy