The Great Head-Case Cable Debate

spritzer

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha oh wow! That thread is gold. :rofl:

I swear people have this saved on notepad, ready to be copied and pasted:

"the harshness disappeared, the sound is smoother with bigger soundstage, more relaxed and maybe a bit more detailed."

And it is always the same result. If you try something radical and off-the-wall, you always get the quote above.

As a matter of fact, today I was forced to take a break from my music-listening session to take a huge-ass dump.

When I returned, the harshness disappeared, the sound was smoother with bigger soundstage, more relaxed and maybe a bit more detailed.

I have now bought prunes that I eat a couple of hours before I listen to my music.

Dunno if you guys have noticed this, my system is very revealing... but if I wipe with a cheap/recycled bog roll that's akin to sandpaper on my arsehole before a listening session, the sound possess certain degree of harshness. If I use the expensive 3-ply stuff, the sound is smoother with bigger soundstage, more relaxed and maybe a bit more detailed.

Unfortunately I don't have access to a bidet, but I suspect that would make the sound gentler and more fluid.

If there is a bidet in the hotel at CanJam, you guys should really try it right before a listening session and report back as to how it affects the sound. Try it with both dynamic and electrostatic rigs. I suspect it will affect electrostatic rigs differently as the high voltage could react with any residual dampness on your arsehole. In fact, I suspect this is why my girlfriend prefers electrostatic heapdhones, only the source of dampness is an inch and a half or so away from her arsehole.

edit:

Uh, hate to say it but the text in that sidebar violates the rules here regarding the posting of non-factual information.

Indeed.

"If you think that your interconnects don't influence the sound of your system, try listening to your system without them". ---Rotareneg

That is such a funny quote, as it doesn't really answer anything. Just because the interconnect allows you to listen to your system, whereas without them you get no sound, neither proves nor disproves that there are differences between interconnects. To deduct from that quote that interconnects make a difference is a logically-flawed conclusion, as the presence/absence of interconnects can be a simple on/off state and nothing more.

Health >> all (as to whether or not whiskey contributes to mental health, I'm going to have to abstain, as I'm a teetotaller and a poster child for dying early of heart disease)

"If you think that your interconnects don't influence the sound of your system, try listening to your system without them". ---Rotareneg
Yeah, but dreadhead very carefully said, "...as long as it conducts...", therefore rendering that joke moot. Believe me, I looked for that opening. :)

Health >> all (as to whether or not whiskey contributes to mental health, I'm going to have to abstain, as I'm a teetotaller and a poster child for dying early of heart disease)Yeah, but dreadhead very carefully said, "...as long as it conducts...", therefore rendering that joke moot. Believe me, I looked for that opening. :)

air conducts. You just need hotter outputs, that's all.

• 10 months later...