NorCal/SF Bay Area Meet 8/8/2009

jp11801

I probably wasn't clear. San Jose and its environs have many good restaurants. The problem was that none of them were in walking distance of the HeadFest hotel. It would be nice if there are two or three good restaurants withing walking distance as I would rather that my need to eat doesn't interfere with my drinking. ;D

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Count me in as a definite now. Found a <$300 flight - not the most ideal flight times but they'll do.

My still-in-SoCal BHSE will most likely be making an appearance too, thanks 909 and JP. The BHSE will remain in Cali for most of the summer (SoCal until July, NorCal afterwards) so even more people can continue to check it out in more ideal mini-meet conditions. :)

All the talk about food in the San Mateo area reminded me of the Prince of Wales Pub. They had a famous hamburger that put down some pretty stout stomachs. It was called the Habanero Burger . Unfortunately it's closed now but the web site still endures!

Be sure and check out the quotes at the bottom.

"It's not a meal, it's an ordeal!"

Bummer, it was fun to watch big egos writhe on the floor!

The Habanero Hamburger "Hall of Flame"

Yeah I've had it before.. oh its closed now? I managed to go through 2.5 before giving up. I felt it was pointless to continue since like the spiciness wasn't what killed me, I simply was full. Like the record holder was like 12 burgers or something and while I'm pretty good at eating a ton of crap.. I doubt I could really eat more than 4.

Good news on the gear front. Jack Wu contacted me and offered to send the final souped-up prototype of the WES electrostatic amp in time for the meet. It is not the same amp that was at CanJam, and Jack is very excited about the final result. Go Team Woo!

awesome -- i've never heard a woo amp, believe it or not.

now can anyone convince jerry harvey to attend and bring the heat, with his JH 13s? as i didn't have a chance to hear those either at cj09...

• 4 weeks later...

Just a reminder it's still about a month off though. It looks like Doc B (Dan from Bottlehead) may be coming by as well as several Sonic Studio/Metric Halo dacs with at least one running amarra.

The usual line up of amps and such should be present as well.

We are now at the Doubletree in Burlingame in a 1300 square foot room.

MOTs that are coming as of now are

Nekko Audio

Eddie Current

Head Amp

Just a reminder it's still about a month off though. It looks like Doc B (Dan from Bottlehead) may be coming by as well as several Sonic Studio/Metric Halo dacs with at least one running amarra.

The usual line up of amps and such should be present as well.

We are now at the Doubletree in Burlingame in a 1300 square foot room.

MOTs that are coming as of now are

Nekko Audio

Eddie Current

Head Amp

It's funny that Doc B might be there. On Sunday, I was straightening up the storage area over my garage. I came across an unopened box from Bottlehead, which I'm sure contains the Paraglow kits I ordered years ago. Now I have to decide whether I'm ever going to build them or if I should put them up for sale.

Is the Doubletree the same place that the event was held June of last year? Can we get a discount for the room? I assume that for attending social events, it would be better to stay Saturday night?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the meet and seeing everybody again.

It's funny that Doc B might be there. On Sunday, I was straightening up the storage area over my garage. I came across an unopened box from Bottlehead, which I'm sure contains the Paraglow kits I ordered years ago. Now I have to decide whether I'm ever going to build them or if I should put them up for sale.

Is the Doubletree the same place that the event was held June of last year? Can we get a discount for the room? I assume that for attending social events, it would be better to stay Saturday night?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the meet and seeing everybody again.

look you stop asking questions when you know I am drunk:D

Yes I think I can get a room discount, they were cheap like 89 or 99 when I checked last. This is 4-6 mile north of the last spot , they were booked for the 8th.

On a side note I'm coming down there tomorrow for work

look you stop asking questions when you know I am drunk:D

Yes I think I can get a room discount, they were cheap like 89 or 99 when I checked last. This is 4-6 mile north of the last spot , they were booked for the 8th.

On a side note I'm coming down there tomorrow for work

Please let me know if and when you know about a room discount and I'll make a reservation. We'll talk about which night is best when you're sober, even though you are more fun when you are drunk. :P

Yep. Prepaid non-view room is $81/night. I've had a slight change in plans. Stacy and I will be coming up Thursday and spending Thursday night in San Jose. She'll work at Cisco Thursday and Friday. Then we'll be at the Doubletree Friday and Saturday. See you all there.

awesome -- i've never heard a woo amp, believe it or not.

now can anyone convince jerry harvey to attend and bring the heat, with his JH 13s? as i didn't have a chance to hear those either at cj09...

I will talk to him. Maybe even if he can't come, he could send the universal fit version? I know UE has done this at past meets where they didn't have an employee attending.