WTF is this? Nightmare Bug?

naamanf

Okay Kansas seems to have a pretty diverse collection of bugs. I almost feeling like I am living in the south with the high temps and humidity. Well today I saw this bug while pumping gas and I don't think I will ever be able to sleep the same. It would have been okay if it was an average size bug but this monster was about five inches long. No idea what it is but I hope I never see one again.

DSC_0366.jpg

Sleep tight.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy fuck.. that looks ginormous.. how big is that shit?

Wait but arent you used to defeating camel spiders and shit though?

I would say it was 5" in length. I was tempted to put my hand next to it for comparison but didn't want to wake it and incur it's wrath.

I would much rather deal with a camel spider than this thing. Camels spiders don't fly.

ZOMG that is the nastiest, freakiest monster bug I've ever seen! I've never seen one in Colorado and if I do, I'll run screaming like a little girl!

/covers eyes and plans to immediately move to Antarctica

I'm sure you'll be packing a shotgun at all times now just in case one of those ever flies at you...

50i5j6.jpg

"This is a giant water bug, the largest bug in the United States, and one of the largest INSECT in the United states. It is often confused for a cockroach, but beware. Unlike the cockroach, this insect is a vicious predator with a nasty bite. Its natural habitat is in the water, but they migrate at night to find new ponds. And like other flying insects, they often get attracted to the lights on your front porch. Be careful about disposing of dead specimens that you find. When stranded out of water, they often minimize their motions and end up looking dead. Many people have picked up seemingly dead water bugs, only to have it "come alive" and bite them."

Or probably even worse, can you imagine if you saw an earwig this big squirming around? The tiny ones scare the shit outta me already.

2d9z66h.jpg

I bet hawaii has some fucked up bugs too.. man that giant water bug is not cool.. aren't like the most gigantic bugs supposed to be like all friendly and harmless...

Nah. We only have big cockroaches that like to fly at you. Those things are crazy for some reason. We have centipedes and big cane spiders. Twice I found some pretty big centipedes in the house and killed them immediately. Those damn things move pretty darn quick too. I've seen cane spiders in our home too. Beside the bugs we got a lot of geckos (Geico) :). Those things are super quick.

Cane spider

cane-spider.jpg

Gecko

64650998.eFO1fn4n.jpg

Gecko_3.220172606_std.jpg

Our roaches that like to fly at you

american%20cockroach%20big.jpg