Audeze LCD-1 just landed!

Icarium

The frames are honestly not too bad at all.

I have a good seal around my ears..they are amazingly comfortable..

Pros:

Amazing soundstage..ala ESP950 style

I love the highs..again ESP950 like..very lively (compared to my orthos)

Incredibly fast.

The bass seems to have increased in quantity since i last heard them. The quality too is fast..almost too fast. I would like it if the bass notes could decay a bit slower. It has the impact that my vintage orthos have except for the fast decay which makes all the difference for someone like me.

Very well balanced straight out of the box across the freq spectrum.

It is really comfortable.

Cons:

Fast decay on the low freqs.

Details in the highs are slightly muted.

Mids are a bit too forwardish for my tastes and I do like my mids forward.

What does it all mean: Audeze has made a great product for a really good price even considering the frame they have used. Seems like some are having fit issues..none of which I seem to have. And the cons are not really cons..these are things taht can be tuned/fine tuned with damping which should make this a bargain.

I am going to be very sad to see these headphones go. But I know I wil have a pair of the Audeze based headphones in my lineup in the future.

Damn you Smeggy for tempting me with your AKG K1000. :mad:

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoah, wait, the super great sounding pair? Smeggy, you didn't!

heh..yes he did. :cool: Now you know what I sold my brand new Audezes..Wouldn't have done so for any other headphone.:(

Not having even received my LCD-1 I feel left behind in the speed of events here. One brand new LCD-1 already on the second hand market. Did I make a mistake ordering one? (I'lll soon hear for myself, but why not worry while there is still time to do so?)

Dude..be assured that it wasn't a mistake. Its a great headphone. No doubt about it.

Yeah.. they do improve quite a bit with burn in. Waiting for the balancing act to come before doing a full on shootout with the rest of my crap.

I like it.. a great value at what it costed and performs decent for a sub 1k headphone.

This is NoNoNoNoNoNo's "old" pair, so it should have a little burn-in already. Right now I'm playing it off the AA HPA V.1.0 and it sounds good but I would really like to hear it on a BA in a quiet setting.

mine just arrived!

Frame is much nicer than it looks in the pics.

Much easier to drive than I imagined.

Good attention to driver to ear placement.

Comfortable.

I have a small gap where I always have a gap, behind my ear and down a bit, but hard to say if this is a big deal (it is on the SR-007 for example)

What looks to be a lack of decent strain relief on the drivers is a bit worrisome, but I haven't opened them up, just peeked in the hole.

Cable... who provided input on this? Sorry, fail.

Ok, queuing the test material up :)

Cable... who provided input on this? Sorry, fail.

Ok, queuing the test material up :)

They used Mogami alright..just not the right one..they used the really thick variety...should've been the more flexible 2893