The ultimate DIY? A Stax SRM-T2!

spritzer

Gentlemen, I've just read the first 70 pages of this thread.

Beside the reading pleasure (yeah, I'm getting as crazy as you all, finding that reading technical things is enjoyable), I saw something extremely special...

This project is something I haven't seen before, and my English is too short to put proper words on it.

Dr Gilmore, you have been quite busy doing this between bottle washing.

Congrats to everyone that finished their T2.

Edited by G600

• 4 weeks later...

All of them. 

Because d-_-b

It's kind of an issue Ari, if I have boards lying around I somehow always end up populating them. It's part of the reason I have shied away from p2p work, aside from incompetence.

I started looking at the newer board files, do they have to have offboarded heatsinks? I got the impression that the original footprint was to match with aesthetics of the amplifier board.

I was looking for one-off deals and found this for fabbing the boards. There's enough area to do a run of the original, so that should encompass all of the current variations that currently exist. Plus black is free, which is of course priceless

Also some leftover space to add some boards if you were so inclined, was going to try to see if I could shove a dynalo in there

Does anyone see issues using 1oz copper for this? 

There are also some more recent options such as PCBway which has criminally low prices, but I can't justify using this without forming a group