The ultimate DIY? A Stax SRM-T2!

spritzer

The first distributor I spoke to told me minimum purchase quantity for k216/j79 was 3000 of each.

Digikey just gave me this quote... does this mean they are free? biggrin.png (I called them curious about what it meant, and the plain simple of it is they can't buy them). Sorry guys.

The New England rep for Renesas hasn't been very helpful, so if anyone else wants to try their local rep you may have more success.

post-236-0-71865900-1315943430_thumb.jpg

How much were they at 3000 each?

But if its another fuckjob like DALBANI who refuses to stand behind

their product, probably not interested.

Speaking of which, birgir now has verfied fake K216's also from

DALBANI.

Here is how to test the fets

For the K216

Make an adapter that ties the gate pin to the source pin

which goes to the emitter pin in the socket, and the drain

goes to the collector.

Then test as a NPN. The real ones test at 230 volts, The fakes test

much less.

Edited by kevin gilmore

You guys got to stop posting links to new tools! When it comes to cool handy tools, I have little to no self restraint. Needless to say, I have a semi tester and screwdriver on the way...biggrin.png

Same here... but I am very happy about it smile.png

Don't forget to order this tool. Its absolutely required.

http://www.amazon.co...a/dp/B003FHXMDC

Already got it for my daughter smile.png I also go her the 10th doctors along with a TARDIS

Edited by Kerry

Just out of curiosity, has prp ever changed manufacturing methods on their PR9372 line resistors? A couple resistors I got are different from the rest in that they are just slightly shinier, is more of a bottled shape versus the pill shape of the rest of the resistors, and all of them have the ends covered with insulation, while most of the other ones have exposed ends that is not covered in insulation. These thinner ones measure just slightly less than the rest of the 100k values.

They are a small manufacturer, so it would not surprise me if they change now and then a bit. By how much lower do these measure? Within the 1% tolerance? If you are uncomfortable with them, make them replace them. Particularly if they are out of tolerance, though meter calibration would come into play there.

That just means that V_(BR)DSX is in range. For example, I'd expect an IRF610 to have the same number for this test. Also, there are plenty of other devices as well. Unfortunately, you haven't really established much with this test. If it fails, yeah that's great. If it passes, you still have reasonable doubt.

Edited by luvdunhill

Rich-Tech Parts, up in Richmond B.C., claims to have GENUINE Hitachi 2SK216's...

http://richtechparts...333-2SK216.html

These arrived from RichTech and look to be genuine- the logo looks like the Hitachi logo I've seen on other parts, and the date code looks sensible. Have to wait until my transistor characteristic checker arrives from China to see for sure if these are the real deal.

rich-k216.jpg

QUOTE: " Have to wait until my transistor characteristic checker arrives from China to see for sure if these are the real deal."

Yeah, you're gonna love the instructions supplied with this thing.angry.png

I tried using Google translate but it didnt work.....huh.png

You can download an English version of the instruction from one of the sellers.