Apple Tablet

You might want to check with Shellyh as to what she uses. I seem to recall in the iPad apps thread that she used something else and liked it.

ReaddleDocs = good

Goodreader = not so good

Seriously, spend the few extra dollars on ReaddleDocs, it is much simpler to use than Goodreader. For example, it is really really easy to move an entire folder of documents in ReaddleDocs, not as easy in Goodreader. It is easy to use ReaddleDocs to download a file from the web (probably can also do this on Goodreader also, didn't try it out).

calling the ipad a bigger ipod touch is kinda like calling a shovel a big spoon. Sure, it's similar in concept, but they're different tools for different jobs.
Saying that the iPad is different from an iPod Touch in the same way that a shovel is different from a spoon is disingenuous -- they run the exact same software -- albeit with minor branching -- they have more or less the same internals, what varies the most in its physiognomy is largely cosmetic. Yes, the larger real estate and whatnot (is there an "and whatnot" besides speakers?) leads to slightly different usage, but other than "not putting it in one's pocket", I'm pretty sure I don't "get" the difference.

Actually, one thing you showed me probably illustrated the difference best -- I would never play Samurai Sudoku on an iPod Touch.

Virginia Campbell, a 99-year-old woman from Lake Oswego, has finally bought her first computer -- an Apple iPad. "It's changed her life," one of her daughters told OregonLive.com. Virginia has been an avid reader most of her life, but she suffers from glaucoma, making reading increasingly difficult. Because of the iPad's ability to adjust the brightness of the page and to increase the font by simply tapping, Virginia has been able to take up her beloved past-time again. Not only is she reading again, she's writing again too.

99 year-old loves her first computer -- an iPad

Because I am such a valued customer of Apple, they are going to take back my WiFi and waive the restocking fee so I can keep the 3G. I decided with the new phone hopefully coming out that I would go legit. Even if I decide to keep a JB phone to use with the 3G, I will now have the option of paying the monthly fee for 3G use.

I called 1-800-myapple, followed prompts for return, then asked for a representative. I told him what I wanted to do, he looked at my purchase history and said they would waive the restocking fee and would send me a fedex shipping label. It would take 3 to 5 days to process upon receipt back at Apple. I will send back sometime next week as the 3G should be here Friday.

Because I am such a valued customer of Apple, they are going to take back my WiFi and waive the restocking fee so I can keep the 3G. I decided with the new phone hopefully coming out that I would go legit. Even if I decide to keep a JB phone to use with the 3G, I will now have the option of paying the monthly fee for 3G use.

That is nice of them.

Oh my ... I might have to pick up the camera kit. I'd LOVE to stream music over the network to my Pico. I do that w/ my laptop now, but get sick of that thing burning up on my lap. Plus, I'm hoping to leave the laptop at the office once I get my iPad. The only thing I think I'd miss if I did that would be streaming music to the Pico ...