Apple Tablet

Yeah, the fifty dollars seems way too steep for the Belkin. Still I use it much more than the other cases because I get mine out when riding the subway and this is the only case that I can get a sure grip on the iPad and can read books with one hand. The Apple case sucks and I have not tried many more. I don't really use mine as an iPod so the headphone thing is only a problem when I want to watch a movie and I don't have one of my little extenders.

I like the Apple case and haven't seen anything else out there yet that I prefer. It is easy to carry, does not have the issue with plugging in my JH13 (although you do have to make sure you push the plug in hard) and it can prop up the iPad. It does not offer a lot of shock protection but I don't see myself dropping the iPad. While I would like to see something similar in design with more padding, I'm not sure I would change because more padding would mean a heavier and thicker case.

I would like to say now -- so that I can say I told you so later -- that I predict Apple will issue an update that will lock out using the camera kit for anything other than its intended use.

And then we will hear a lot of groaning.

You may in the end be right, but since the rumors originated from Apple, I'm hoping for the opposite (more support).

For those wanting to go cheap on a Belkin Grip Vue-like case and willing to take a chance on headphone plug holes, generally fitting, etc. found the below:

PCMICROSTORE APPLE IPAD TPU CRYSTAL SKIN CASE - CLEAR WAVE DESIGN / PCMicroStore.com

Use code "IPAD30OFF" to drop it to $15 w/ free shipping. $35 less than the Belkin. Ordered one tonight so can report back.

Edited by blessingx

Damn, mines still 'ships late April.' From first wave not sure that's accurate though.

Mine says 'ships late April', too, but it also says 'prepared for shipment', which is new.

^^^ SAME (except 64GB; there is no substitute for size)

It's not just the size, it's how you use it.

Interesting thought, though - are you aware of evolutionary influences/advantages on the morphology of memory sizes?

It's not just the size, it's how you use it.

That's what Napolean said ...

Interesting thought, though - are you aware of evolutionary influences/advantages on the morphology of memory sizes?

Not really my field but the limited amount of research i have seen is pretty primitive and much more conjectural than I am comfortable with.

I take that back. The USB cable I was using was the problem, I now have music.

I also bought a new Canon PowerShot SX210 IS to carry in my bag and some weird iPad purse so it was a good day.

Edited by VPI