With what existential crisis are you grappling right now?

Sherwood

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's both party's that are screwing things up, so don't play the liberal republican thing.

I'll agree with that, at this point it's pretty clear that the two party system is broken. I honestly think we'd be much better off without it at this point. The way it is now it's just the two national parties dishing out their money to the senate/congressional races they think they can win with the goal of getting a majority and pushing their own agenda through. Anyone who thinks either party has their best interests in mind are sadly, sadly mistaken.

the 24 tv hour new cycle is all alarmist infotainment bullshit that makes otherwise rational people argue about the merits of the personalities involved.

Very good and important point, the 24-hour news channels have destroyed the media IMO. Each one is only concerned with ratings so when there aren't real stories they turn useless shit into stories and sensationalize it as much as possible. It's quite sickening really.

Claiming there is no difference between the two parties is like claiming there is no difference between Fox News and CNN

I agree that neither party has my best interests at heart, but then again, why would they? But I have to agree with the Dreadman, to claim that they are both essentially the same is just plain wrong. You just gots to pick your poison because there is a greater probability of being attacked by a Great White Shark in my driveway than getting rid of the two-party system anytime soon.

Coming? It's already occured, and both parties survived, alas.

Did you keep any of those spiders, morphsi? We could use a "Them"-type apocalypse.

Unfortunately the radiation did not cause any enormous growth type mutations. In reality, it did not seem to affect them all that much. The only thing I have noticed is after that one bit me my reflexes got a little better and seem to enjoy climbing up sheer vertical surfaces.

.....shower stall........ Brown Recluse.......scary....

Good god! That's shit that only happens to other people. I'm really happy you and that creature didn't come to blows. Or to be more specific that he didn't do well in the fight. I assume you squished him.

Oh, and perhaps now I should mention that the Miami-Dade government is talking about de-funding the fire department's anti-venom unit. That wouldn't matter to anybody outside of south Florida except that through one of those "you couldn't make up anything this twisted" scenarios, for bites from certain unsavory critters, the only person in the southeastern US who can legally (or physically for that matter, since they possess the juice) give you the anit-venom shot is a Miami-Dade fireman.

Good god! That's shit that only happens to other people. I'm really happy you and that creature didn't come to blows. Or to be more specific that he didn't do well in the fight. I assume you squished him.

Oh, and perhaps now I should mention that the Miami-Dade government is talking about de-funding the fire department's anti-venom unit. That wouldn't matter to anybody outside of south Florida except that through one of those "you couldn't make up anything this twisted" scenarios, for bites from certain unsavory critters, the only person in the southeastern US who can legally (or physically for that matter, since they possess the juice) give you the anit-venom shot is a Miami-Dade fireman.

I was naked, so no squishing took place. I sprayed him with 409, and then washed his Brown ass down the shower drain. Left the hot water running at least 3 minutes to be very sure.

Killer Bees, Rattle Snakes, and these fuckers! The South is a fucking war zone!

Give me one good Alaskan winter down here, and we'll see how these bitches survive.