The analog thread.

Hopstretch

I've been pretty amazed at the variance in sound between decks. The OL stuff was on my hot to trot list before I broke up with Audio Revelation / Jay. The drive units are really good any made a big difference on the LP12.

On the groove glide maybe try and see what you think? My experience was after the first play I needed to clean the stylus as it picked up a lot of stuff after application of the groove/surface fluid that came with the George Merrril cleaner product. His product came with a cleaner and groove glide like product. When you have a $1000 cart it makes me nervous placing a fluid in the groove that is not removed. The stylus has an ungodly amount of pressure and heat when it passes through the groove. Vinyl is formulated to bounce back from this split second environment but add a fluid to the mix and it makes me uneasy.

To me the benefit (if any) is not worth any risk.

Edited by jp11801

Thanks Tom. I'm really happy with it and (he says foolishly) think my TT upgrade lust is sated for a good while -- likely until I can afford an Avid, which won't be anytime soon!

Starting to think about looking for a new cart to try out, though. :palm: Any of you lads have strong opinions about particular options in the $1K (used) category? I've been keeping an eye out for a Shelter 7000 or Benz Ruby, but am very much open to suggestions.

I've been using my Dynavector XX2 MKII for two years, daily with no problems. It's sound balanced, rich, tons of detail and yet never analytical, I would estimate about 1200 hours. tracks anything, and has the ability to cut through noise thats amazing. has hooked me on Dynas for ever. I would pass on the original XX2 though, to me not as fast or resolving as the MKII.

BTW, Ordered a new VPI 17F cleaner today. Here when i get back from FL on the 6th.

I've been using my Dynavector XX2 MKII for two years, daily with no problems. It's sound balanced, rich, tons of detail and yet never analytical, I would estimate about 1200 hours. tracks anything, and has the ability to cut through noise thats amazing. has hooked me on Dynas for ever. I would pass on the original XX2 though, to me not as fast or resolving as the MKII.

Added to shortlist. Thanks Tom!

Nice looking Zyx, Zippy.