The analog thread.

Hopstretch

damn! that's vinyl so many pieces to the puzzle...

congrats on the vpi, it's a great RCM.

are you or should i say, have you upgraded your phono-stage?

I'm going to keep Craig's prototype TA as long as possible, it's definitely a step up from the Bugle.

I don't see a Whest or ModWright in my near future.

And don't tell me your selling yours!

I'm going to keep Craig's prototype TA as long as possible, it's definitely a step up from the Bugle.

I don't see a Whest or ModWright in my near future.

And don't tell me your selling yours!

Silly Head-Casers: thinking that they have control over their addictions. Just keep telling yourself these things Steve. We'll be here when you want to post pics of the 'new' phono pre. :D

Silly Head-Casers: thinking that they have control over their addictions. Just keep telling yourself these things Steve. We'll be here when you want to post pics of the 'new' phono pre. :D

All of you enablers out there! I must stay away from Head-Case! I must stay away from Head-Case!

:palm:

So True Ken. Where would I be without all of my virtual friends on the internet :-)

Would that mean that I would have to leave the house and find real live friends?

I have real friends away from the internet, but my internet friends just seem more real to me...

lars2.jpg

So True Ken. Where would I be without all of my virtual friends on the internet :-)

Would that mean that I would have to leave the house and find real live friends?

My internet friends keep me sane. Real life seems so lonely. You guys should meet them someday. They're real swell. They're all called anonymous. Some of them are girls. I hope that one of them thinks I'm cute.

she's hot!

That's Aerius' girlfriend. It's nice to find out she actually exists after all. :D

My internet friends keep me sane. Real life seems so lonely. You guys should meet them someday. They're real swell. They're all called anonymous. Some of them are girls. I hope that one of them thinks I'm cute.

Most likely so, 'cause who wouldn't? However the problem is she's most likely a 56 y.o. balding, overweight garbage collector from Nampa, named Bud.

Stick with the girls you can actually see and touch, even if Bud makes him/herself sound damn hot.

Edited by swt61

Question about terminology. The cart I'm using has a recommended loading of: "Within 20 ohms with step-up transformer, within 100 ohms with head amplifier, within 47k ohms with high gain EQ amplifier." The new XOno has a pre-preamp circuit for MC carts, so I assume it falls into the middle category? Definitely sounds better at 100 ohms than at 1000 ohms, don't know if it's worth trying lower settings.

It's amazing the difference a half pound of metal can make.

Especially upside the head! :)

I've heard good things about those sub platters. I'd like to hear a Rega setup with one sometime. For myself, I discovered the difference belt tension can make on a deck like mine. Quite a lot!

I installed the GrooveTracer sub platter on one of my Regas yesterday. Holy cow! It's amazing the difference a half pound of metal can make.

Have you tried the glass platter? A friend said it made a nice change with his Rega.

Picked up the VPI 17F wet cleaner today. Its bigger than I thought it would be. Now i need a new table to put it on.

Especially upside the head! :)

I've heard good things about those sub platters. I'd like to hear a Rega setup with one sometime. For myself, I discovered the difference belt tension can make on a deck like mine. Quite a lot!

Yeah. After saying " aw, that belt's OK for a little while more" for way too long, I replaced the belts on both Regas a little while back. There's no tension adjustment on the Rega, but a new, non-stretched belt make a pretty striking difference.

Have you tried the glass platter? A friend said it made a nice change with his Rega.

Glass? Shows how old I am. I thought all Rega platters were glass. Has anybody heard the GrooveTracer acrylic platter? (which is supposed to have the same mass as the glass one, but takes the disk directly on the platter - no mat). Now I wonder original glass vs current acrylic vs the fancy GrooverTracer acrylic??