Compact, medium power speaker amp?

Hopstretch

The AX-7e is another great integrated. I only heard it with one pair of speakers though.
That was mean. It made me laugh.

I don't see a budget/price/cost mentioned.

Fisher?

I'm going to continue to flout Musical Fidelity because I love them so much:

Nu-Vista M3 or Tri-Vista 300 (both were said to be able to drive my Dynaudio 4 ohm speakers, despite not stating so in the specs).

Amazon.com: Musical Fidelity A5.5 Integrated Amplifier: Electronics

AudiogoN ForSale: Musical Fidelity A-1001

Other manufacturers that I would recommend:

AudiogoN ForSale: Cambridge Audio Azur 840 A v2 (except, you know, zero feedback)

AudiogoN ForSale: Cambridge Audio Azur 840A v2

AudiogoN ForSale: Marantz Reference PM-KI-pearl

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
The Monarchy blows the Micro away. I have owned both.

Unless you upgrade the Micro's power supply, then the Monarchy goes into the corner and sulks. :D

Bump ... I'm going to be using a GS-1 for a preamp so I'm in the market for a small amp.

I'd like to know more about this Monarchy and Micro comparison you both posted about. Morphsci, what were the power supply upgrades for the Micro?

Bump ... I'm going to be using a GS-1 for a preamp so I'm in the market for a small amp.

I'd like to know more about this Monarchy and Micro comparison you both posted about. Morphsci, what were the power supply upgrades for the Micro?

The micro system was two being run as monoblocs with a custom external PSU that was bigger by about 50% than both amps combined. I would look at the price but in reality a Monarchy may be a safer bet especially if it is a newer one. The micro's are starting to get a little long-in-the-tooth so may be in for some refurbishing depending upon how hard a life they have led.

The micro system was two being run as monoblocs with a custom external PSU that was bigger by about 50% than both amps combined. I would look at the price but in reality a Monarchy may be a safer bet especially if it is a newer one. The micro's are starting to get a little long-in-the-tooth so may be in for some refurbishing depending upon how hard a life they have led.

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for a Monarchy. Looks the Pro version is the one to get.