What bizarre foods have you eaten?

jvlgato

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything I cook for myself. Not bizarre by design, but by virtue of my cooking skills.

Horse is the most bizzare of those I'd say, it's sort of taboo to eat horse in the UK for some reason. Not that I'd be bothered. I think I had it in France once.

I have always had a secret desire to try horse.

I've had a burger with fried onions -- you know, the crispy breaded kind? -- instead of ...you know, fried onions. On the burger. That was bizarre.

That is delicious, I love onion rings on my sandwiches.

Incorrect. Side dish should be on the side.

-tini.

What's next -- french fries on your burger? Why don't you just mix it all up in a bowl lay it in a trough in front of you?

If you were at last canjam, you would know that french fries belong on the pizza. It is potato chips for the burgers, or onion rings. Nothing says you cant have them all on the side too.

Incorrect. Side dish should be on the side.

What's next -- french fries on your burger? Why don't you just mix it all up in a bowl lay it in a trough in front of you?

Often, when I order a grilled fish sandwich and it comes with slaw, I'll open that bad boy up and dump the slaw right into the sandwich... Very bizarre.

That burger-fry sandwich looks fabulous. I want. Wish they'd open a store in Chicago!

Horse is the most bizzare of those I'd say, it's sort of taboo to eat horse in the UK for some reason. Not that I'd be bothered. I think I had it in France once.

Missed my best shot at eating horse when I was in Kazakhstan for 6 weeks. I was told it's a delicacy there. At a local food shop, I saw a can with a bunch of Russian writing, and picture of a horse on it. I held out, figuring I'd see it on a menu somewhere, but I never saw horse to eat after that. Oh well, I heard it's pretty darn dry and tasteless.

Often, when I order a grilled fish sandwich and it comes with slaw, I'll open that bad boy up and dump the slaw right into the sandwich... Very bizarre.

That burger-fry sandwich looks fabulous. I want. Wish they'd open a store in Chicago!

Missed my best shot at eating horse when I was in Kazakhstan for 6 weeks. I was told it's a delicacy there. At a local food shop, I saw a can with a bunch of Russian writing, and picture of a horse on it. I held out, figuring I'd see it on a menu somewhere, but I never saw horse to eat after that. Oh well, I heard it's pretty darn dry and tasteless.

I was seeing this girl from Kazakhstan last year and she always told me horse meat was the best ever. I'll try it one day.

Strange things I've eaten and don't really even know what to call them: Lots of random gelatin or mung bean based desserts at the Buddhist temple, coconut milk custard things at same (sounds normal but the texture is quite abnormal), and a bowl of bones and fat from a cuban cafeteria. That last was rough, I think they referred to it as oxtail but I couldn't find a single shred of protein. Who sits down and eats chunks of fat?

Mmmm, love oxtail stew! Grew up on it, Mom made it all the time. The Cuban place nearby has it. But yes, it's really, really fatty, so in the interest of my cholesterol level, it's a rare treat now.

My Dad used to tell me about all kinds of vegetable protein based 'meat' the Buddhist monks would eat in the Philippines. Never had a chance to try any myself. Sounds interesting, though.