The Headcase Stax thread

thrice

The whole ear piece is floating so you can have the cable pointing any way you want. The pads also rotate independent of the drivers for the perfect fit.

want BREAD. WANT bread.

You could have those 90 buns that I slightly burned this morning. :palm: This is what happens when one isn't paying attention to what is says on the oven's LCD screen... :rolleyes: I haven't burned anything in a long time

Thanks again to tkam and Spritzer.

Glad you like them. :)

looks yummy

Indeed, its yummy and its staxed. Now I'm hungry too... :(

I would never make something that looked that bad. Now I really need something to eat...

That's considered as bad? :confused:

I'm hungry now too. Got any pics of your staxed bread from your bakery? :P

Oh yeah, I also wanted to ask, have you posted details of your SRM-T1 mods anywhere before Birgir? Something akin to the mk2 port mod thread would be great... please, please, pretty please Birgir... ;D

I'll make you some toast bread with Kraft cheese in return.

That's considered as bad? :confused:

I'm hungry now too. Got any pics of your staxed bread from your bakery? :P

The crust is a mess (poor quality flour perhaps or lack of gluten) and the oven used to bake that was very poor indeed as can be seen by the lack of shine. A Danish rye bread I used to make could work as a mirror... :P I do have some pics but they are all at work but I'll try to remember to email some to myself.

Oh yeah, I also wanted to ask, have you posted details of your SRM-T1 mods anywhere before Birgir? Something akin to the mk2 port mod thread would be great... please, please, pretty please Birgir... ;D

I'll make you some toast bread with Kraft cheese in return.

No pictures and I've sold that T1 already. It's just replacing the connectors and using some better wires so not hard at all.

The crust is a mess (poor quality flour perhaps or lack of gluten) and the oven used to bake that was very poor indeed as can be seen by the lack of shine. A Danish rye bread I used to make could work as a mirror... :P I do have some pics but they are all at work but I'll try to remember to email some to myself.

My dad owned a regional commercial bakery for most of his life, but the actual hands-on baking is still one of his passions. You and him would have a time talking. I'd be curious to see if you could whoop my cousin Donny's sourdough. he has a sour that is a few decades old and is the bomb. ;)

to faust3d: when I owned the O2 thats just how I wore mine. The crease in the pad was just in line with the rim of my glasses.

We don't have any sourdough up here since our baking traditions are very German with a lot of sugar thrown in for good measure. :D I do use it as an extra component in some types of bread but then it comes in a bag from Germany or a bottle from Austria. This stuff works very well for some of the rye breads we make but I also use it to change the texture of the bread foam in some other types. Throw in a few chosen enzymes, the right amount of salt and yeast and let the bread settle in a cooler over night for a god-like taste. ;D

You need to start a thread or blog about bread baking ;p It's an art I really would like to master. I am on hiatus atm since sourdough has thoroughly defeated me :(

I hate blogs so not going to happen. It's amazing how stupid people can be while baking and that goes double for chefs who just don't have a clue. Last week I watched one throw the yeast, garlic and salt in a pot of 80

Guest troymadison

Hey I like what I hear (SR-303). I picked up an ESP950 system off ebay and I was wondering if you could use the koss headphone with the Stax Pro Energizer? The srm-323 amp is a beautiful amplifier and I would like to use the koss with it.

Hey I like what I hear (SR-303). I picked up an ESP950 system off ebay and I was wondering if you could use the koss headphone with the Stax Pro Energizer? The srm-323 amp is a beautiful amplifier and I would like to use the koss with it.

A friend of mine had his ESP950 headphones modified to have a STAX connector put on the end and used them with STAX gear. The ESP950s are designed for a 600VDC bias voltage whereas STAX gear is designed for 580VDC so they are fairly similar in their requirements.

I temporarily traded my SRM-1 MKII for an SRM-T1 with another Head-Fier at RMAF. So far I definitely prefer the SRM-T1, it seems to push the somewhat forward presentation of the SR-007 MKII back out a bit. There's also a greater ease & smoothness to the sound.