The Headcase Stax thread

On 4/4/2021 at 10:44 PM, kevin gilmore said:

define similar. shure is 4 x discrete opamps made with 400v complementary bipolar parts. stax d10 is 2 x apex pa443 dual monolithic opamps made with 350v n-channel mosfets. stax d10 uses xmos 208 and ess dac. i don't remember what the shure uses. birgir has pictures of both should he desire to post them.

there is a guy in ukraine (i think) that is selling a shure clone for about $800 (no dac)

What is the part number of the 4 discrete opamps used in the kse1200, also about the 400V BJT pair?

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Isn't everybody glad that I'm crazy enough to buy this stuff and have Kevin rip it apart?   

I have compared the 009 and 009S running from the same amp (T8000) today. The room was somewhat quiet, but I had only two source options: my iPhone (connected through Apple's lightning adapter direc

Round two of my DIY 'stats.  Again using SR-X driver shells but now with my own bias rings (laser cut aluminum) and 1.4um film.  This is more of a test bed for different glue and coating ideas but I h

Posted Images