Audeze LCD-2

swt61

Yep. It seems as though they used an oil or wax finish. I would most likely deconstruct them to apply a sturdier finish. Probably a multi coat Tung oil based finish. That would also allow me to copy the wood housing with one from Ebony, Cocobolo or something a bit more unique.

LOL at quote

as for the LCD2 - not anticipated but not unexpected. I wish I could explain what I hear more vividly. To me it is like all the vintage orthos bundled into one mother load. My vintage orthos are friggin good, and in part, they rival the LCD2 but not one does it all and this is what we have all been striving for in the ortho world - the one that gets it right. I am afraid the LCD2 does it for me.

..dB

I just can't resist a steampunk-styled ortho, especially one that hopefully sounds as great as I expect the LCD-2 to do.

Trade-in is more than fair I think.

(I need something with more bass extension than the LCD-1. I hope the LCD-2 will deliver.)

Have you seen the frequency response graph? The bass extension is off the charts.:o The treble, on the other hand, needs some help.

Have you seen the frequency response graph? The bass extension is off the charts.:o The treble, on the other hand, needs some help.

Will that affect air or sparkle or headstage then? The LCD-1 has plenty of that, but lacks bass extension IMHO. (I can't afford to have both the 1 and the 2) For the price of the LCD-2, I'd like to have it all.

Will that affect air or sparkle or headstage then? The LCD-1 has plenty of that, but lacks bass extension IMHO. (I can't afford to have both the 1 and the 2) For the price of the LCD-2, I'd like to have it all.

Sure it will affect those, 6-10dB off from the bass/mids will do that. But how much it will effect those things remains to be heard. The waterfall plot they have posted is just a thumbnail with no link the big image, which I'd be curious to see. The back grille seems to be easy enough to unscrew and mess with damping, which will limit bass extension, but who the heck needs bass extension to 5Hz? :D And agreed about number 2).

From what I hear from Don, most of you will be quite happy with them in stock form. And according to Don they're quite well balanced. I'm glad that CJ10 is so close, as this is one headphone I'd really like to hear sooner as opposed to later.

Sure it will affect those, 6-10dB off from the bass/mids will do that. But how much it will effect those things remains to be heard. The waterfall plot they have posted is just a thumbnail with no link the big image, which I'd be curious to see. The back grille seems to be easy enough to unscrew and mess with damping, which will limit bass extension, but who the heck needs bass extension to 5Hz? :D And agreed about number 2).

For 950, I want them tuned to sound great out of the box!

Not so small waterfall now? (but what does it all mean.... ?)

LCD2-WF.jpg

post-1574-12951157316515_thumb.jpg