Audeze LCD-2

swt61

No, I don't have any information on these yet. But I do know that Don now has a pair in house. He reported on HF that fit and finish is excellent, and his very brief immediate impressions were good.

I know he wants some time before giving any real impressions, but I thought I'd open a spot for him to do so when he's ready. :)

I'm really looking forward to hearing about these, as they may well be on my list of new phones to purchase.

cool. I'm a little miffed that there wasn't more communicated to first generation adopters, but hey I'm just a cranky consumer..

I was speaking to him personally outside of the company contacts, and thats something he mentioned. In fact it was v.hard for me to speak to him in his free time even this way.

He has just been super busy and not had time to put out much info (both the Audeze guys are running full time jobs and done this in their own time), he said he will try and get info onto their website tomorrow.

So far the impressions are looking positive.

LCD2tease.jpg

The finish of these headphones is astoundingly outstanding. Think military , gun metal anodized, wood, earpiece adjustment clunks into place.

The headband is very smooth but simple, cups fit on the ear with necessary angle, pads are hard and surprised me by not being uncomfortable, cables attach via mini xlr so if you don't like the stock cables, it is easy to go custom.

The sound is good, I will say more later but it does what I want from an ortho without any fiddling - deep bass, tamed mids and extended highs ( the miffed one will need his tweaked ) I have not spent much time with them and did more fun listening last night but thus far it looks like this may be the one we have been waiting for.

..dB

ps - lets keep those quills exposed to air shall we

I actually like the L & R placement, and the screws can easily be replaced with techier ones, though I have no issue with them.

I love the fact that they used mini XLRs for the replaceable cables.

Edited by swt61

They really have a nice feel and for me, the grills are a really good solution to form and function. There are no audible reflections that are obvious to me. As for the screws - I am just glad that they are there but I also have a feeling that they are going to end up being superfluous as very few will find the need to retune these - MPI , you are excluded from this as the razor edge you crave will only come with damping. :)

..dB

I will post details of impressions but suffice to say , I am impressed

smeggy is in love :ian:

x2!

Plus it seems I have a working Cyrus amp again (after blowing mine up) so i'm waiting for the official release now! :D

They are still round and made of wood and the cable come out the bottom so they are still copy of HE5! :rant: [/FeFe]

Ahaa.

FeiFei: "Theyv made half of it BLACK! Copied my HE5LE! We own black"

I'm interested as well. Haven't read the H-F thread; is there anything in there - or can someone here chime in - about required power to drive these, assuming theya re similar to LCD-1? I have a Millett Max Hybrid....wondering if that is enough (Ian's Millett at the Boston meet drove the HE-5's well enough for my taste, so I'm hopeful).