Briefcases, Bags, and the Murse

The Monkey

• 2 weeks later...

Get both, obviously.

I wish more of their bags came in Pinestone as I really like the color a lot more than black (or new Blue Slate for that matter). Though I guess my Speed Freak would look weird in that color.

Speaking of 10, how much can/do you fit in there?

Edited by Salt Peanuts

• 4 weeks later...

Dinny: I really love the Think Tank Retrospective 5 and 10. Much better quality and comfort than my old Crumpler. If you wanted some thing really compact, you could get away with the 5 but it won't hold much more than the 10. The 10 will give you lots of room for camera, lenses, flash etc. I found that the 20 was much too large for me. Think Tank products are really great. If you want to also carry an ipad or 11" Air, you might want to wait for the 7.

http://www.thinktankphoto.com/categories/shoulder-bags/retrospective.aspx

• Like 1

I have the tenba discovery photo laptop messenger and absolutely love it. The camera sections lifts out completely for when you want to pack for a couple of nights and want to take your laptop but no camera (business trip etc). Completely packed it held my 13"MBA, charger, d7000 (without the vertical grip) with a rokinon 35mm/1.4 (big ass lens), nikkor 50mm/1.8, sigma 30mm/forget f stop, a couple of notebooks, assortment of pens, pencils, wallet, phone, jh16. Oddly enough it wasn't bad at all to walk around with.

http://www.tenba.com/collections/discovery.aspx

Edited by crappyjones123

Kata MiniBee-111 DSLR and 13" Laptop Backpack for $150 + free shipping

Adorama offers the Kata MiniBee-111 UL DSLR Camera and 13" Laptop Backpack, model no. KT-UL-MB-111-B, for $149.99 with free shipping. That's the lowest total price we could find by $150. This bag can accommodate a digital SLR, 35mm, or digital video camera, up to five lenses, and a laptop with up to a 13" screen. It also features smaller compartments for accessories such as a water bottle, phone, or wallet.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't get the Retrospective 7 before leaving. I am not sure about the UD 50 though - it seems so giant briefcase like and really heavy (even empty). I'd probably only use that for traveling though and keep the Retrospective 7/10 and 5 for everyday around town stuff. I'll have to load it up and see how it carries.