Briefcases, Bags, and the Murse

The Monkey

That filson one is pretty iffy imho.

I have some sort of tumi, it looks alot like the alpha, though I removed the shoulder straps, as I cant stand them. Its got like 18,000 pockets in it.

I went with leather after having the nylon of my last bag start to wear apart in several corners.

I dont think you'd regret a tumi.

Just mind the width if you're planning on ever hauling a laptop in it, some of them are small.

Dinny, of the more casual ones, I think I like the booq's better than the Tom Bihn. Either would work for business for me but I don't wear a tie or jacket at the office. If I recall correctly you are in a more conservative office so they may be too casual. I like my Tumi, which was a gift from my wife. She didn't get the leather because my partner told me the reason he no longer carries his is it is too heavy. I also didn't want to spend $600 plus on the bag.

aaa8200a.jpg

Once I return from my vacation, assuming I have any money left, I will order the Tom Bihn iPad case to compare with the booq.

Edited by tyrion

I do like the Tumis. Mike, you're right, my office is very conservative (business dress), but it's also weird--probably why I like it here. Conservative, but not fancy, so I may be able to get away with a less corporate bag provided that it is not bright pink.

BTW, I checked out a couple of luggage stores in my neighborhood around my office. That is a sketchy business.

Tumi Store:

67 Wall St

New York, NY 10005-3101

(212) 742-8020

This place is supposed to carry booq but I don't see any on their website, you may want to call:

Digital Society Computer Center‎

60 East 10th Street, New York, NY 10003

(212) 777-3093

Edited by tyrion