i'm on a roll... the kgsshv

kevin gilmore

unsure.png Does anyone know if Lil Knight were active last week? I was buying a set of KGSSHV boards and the communication was great. My payment went through on July 5th, and I have not heard back from Tran since that. I know that Tran is no scammer whatsoever and I have no problem waiting, but It's quite frustrating to be left in the dark.

stax definitely did not use reed relays. since i don't have one open at the moment i

can't pick the exact part they used. But they also used lower voltages too, so

if you were to use the stax relay at 450 vac, it might not behave so nice.

I use those sealed reed relays at work up to and including about 15kv.

(well different models, but the same thing) switching AC and switching DC.

work great.

• 1 month later...

I’m going to do some experimenting with the bias current. My 400mm 3U Modushop heatsinks are running cold with the A1968’s . I assume the only change out is the 1.2k resistors for the current source? I don’t want to go too nuts, just enough for some get some heat happening. How to do I go about working this out?

Please do report your results, John. I'll be very interested in seeing if how high you can crank her and if you can hear a difference.

I shall, I don’t want to push her sky high, just enough to justify these big sinks.

I’m going to do some experimenting with the bias current. My 400mm 3U Modushop heatsinks are running cold with the A1968’s . I assume the only change out is the 1.2k resistors for the current source? I don’t want to go too nuts, just enough for some get some heat happening. How to do I go about working this out?

Well for starters I’m not using 1.2k resistors, I’m using 500R for the A1968 current source, I really should pay attention.

In regards to increasing current I assume the 500R’s are to be replaced? Just after a little knowledge on how to derive mA values.

Thanks Kevin and Birgir, I really appreciate your help with this.

I've been digging around here and in the Headwize forums.

I can't find a formula for the final output in the fourth stage.

If a 2.1V LED yields ~ 4 x 5.5ma for 20 watts. How do I for example equate a 3.8V LED?

I just don't want to crap shoot this...

John

Do a search in the T2 thread for "Dalbani". Buyer beware!

If they honor their 14 day return policy, one could dust off the trusty transistor tester and check for Vbr.

VCEO should test at 900V minimum if they are the real deal. If not, return them FAST!

Edited by livewire