The Monkey

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man, I am so bummed.

Everywhere is sold out of the Fostex T50. I spent half the morning phoning all over the country to see if anywhere had them in. I found one set which I hope I get, and one second hand set. Looks like that's it until sometime in December. These were my financial lifeline and now it's gone.

Shit, I'm doomed! :(

If any of you come across any in your travels, lemme know.

Man, I am so bummed.

Everywhere is sold out of the Fostex T50. I spent half the morning phoning all over the country to see if anywhere had them in. I found one set which I hope I get, and one second hand set. Looks like that's it until sometime in December. These were my financial lifeline and now it's gone.

Shit, I'm doomed! :(

If any of you come across any in your travels, lemme know.

You could make money doing wood cups for Grados and Denon - there's always a market for that, and you don't need to sell complete phones that way.

They're similar but not the same. I tried the 40 and 20 before and neither are as good as the 50 and I'd hate to drop the quality. Anyhow, it looks like I may have secured six sets in total through scavenging and hopefully, three from Canada which cost twice as much. Oh well, I'll take them where I can get them. I may have another go at the 40s to see if they can be made good.

As for the LCD-1, I've never seen one in the flesh and have no idea what the driver size is or how it fits. I don't even have any Grados now so again, no clue what size they'd need to be. Hopefully Fostex will get their shit together and restock everyone soon. With my luck they're prolly discontinued :palm:

The LCD-1 has a square driver bolted to a thick piece of plastic that has exactly the same shape as the cups. Unfortunately, there is a printed circuit going to the driver, that's printed on the edge of the back side of the plastic piece. So, transplanting the driver would either mean making a new egg-shaped cup, or to get rid of that circuit. Maybe the driver can work without that circuit? Maybe not?

With a more carefully made headset, it might sound even better than it does now. It lacks a bit of bass impact, but otherwise sounds great to me. The advantage of the stock headset is that it's very light - the entire headphone is very light actually. The huge cable ruins comfort a bit though.

As for the LCD-1, I've never seen one in the flesh and have no idea what the driver size is or how it fits. I don't even have any Grados now so again, no clue what size they'd need to be. Hopefully Fostex will get their shit together and restock everyone soon. With my luck they're prolly discontinued :palm: