Show Me Your ThunderPantses!

The Monkey

huh. I learn something new everyday. I've been advised to protect the wooden finishes of my headphones with lemon oil. I didn't know there would be nuances between treatment of different finishes. So say my wood piece has been applied a layer of grain filler and polished, do I have to do anything to protect this finish?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

huh. I learn something new everyday. I've been advised to protect the wooden finishes of my headphones with lemon oil. I didn't know there would be nuances between treatment of different finishes. So say my wood piece has been applied a layer of grain filler and polished, do I have to do anything to protect this finish?

If grain filler is the only thing on the wood I'd recommend a finish, lacquer, Tung Oil or something similar to add a protective coat. Unless it's Cocobolo, which polishes up great and really doesn't need any finish. If they have grain filler I'm assuming they're Mahogany or a similar wood?

Why is your name butt?

Because he couldn't spell derriere?

i did grain filler -> a wipe on poly it wont need any upkeep

If it's good enough for the British Museum...

Renaissance Wax | www.picreator.co.uk

The stuff I use - a little goes a long way.

Not sure how easy this stuff is to get abroad. I had to send a cheque to the guy - who clearly operates out of his home, for some of this stuff.

Oh - and don't let the missus start using it to polish your furniture with it. Unless you love that furniture very very much. I seem to remember it's around $15 for the 200ml can.

There are 2 ways to look at it. 1, flattering to smeggy that someone thought enough of his work to copy it, and 2, grounds for shovelling. I think both should apply.

Indeed. :basement: Which reminds me that someone needs to do a Beatles remake entitled "Jacob's Silver Shovel." I think it has possibilities. :)

Yikes, I didn't know my post would cause so much controversy. I'm from Head-fi and Smegggy has been helping us (around 5-6 people) as we make our own Thunderpants.

Please don't "shovel" me? I'll have to check what that means but I think I get the point. I don't plan on selling them nor do I plan on changing what I call them. I think smeggy knows that I have no intention of smearing his name in anyway.

it was pretty cool at the seattle meet last saturday, I took four sets, one I did with black leather cups made as an experiment and gave them as a door/raffle prize and Alex of Audeze wanted to borrow a set, he has my testers now so I came home two sets lighter :) it was fun meet and good to get back into it and meet old and new buds between all the other shit I have to do.

All in all a good day.