Grado PS1000: Review'd

postjack

blackguyclapping.gif

they should've left it go longer, beautiful gif

other guy who was asking question, your best answer is to read read read and read some more, then research, and if you're in the u.s. try things out and don't just listen to people blindly

Edited by HDen

I've only had mine for a short time but I just wanted to echo postjack's excellent review. The highs are just right for me but I like some top-end sparkle. The PS1000 has what I feel the LCD-2 lacks in this department, not to mention some air, which I just mentioned. I suppose it's coloured but I don't know what a neutral headphone sounds like. What I do know is that I prefer the colour of this headphone to some of the other high-end offerings that I've heard, with the exception of one Stax rig that I particularly liked.

Could the bass be tighter and more detailed? That would be a welcome improvement but no headphone is perfect. Unlike postjack, I found the bass presentation of the Lambda's that I tried to be their achille's heel. Like postjack, I think that John Grado has created a seriously resolving headphone that's also fun.

Edited by yazz flute

• 3 years later...