What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Behemoth.

Approved!

Beton Cocktail of Becherovka and tonic. Refreshing after working in the dusty basement.

1805639f-4878-7812.jpg

What is that stuff like Al?

I picked up a few things in Austin this weekend, one of which was St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram. Wow, that stuff is good. I bet it would be nice in some sort of rum drink (or even just to put in some tea on a cold winter night).

Black River Sidecar

3/2 oz Germain Robin Brandy

1/4 oz St Elizabeth Allspice Dram

1/2 oz lemon juice (recipe called for 3/4 oz)

1 tsp Agave syrup

I like this.

4Xgbv.jpg

I bought 4 Ohio batch Behemoths this morning...did you get your 15th Anniversary Party tickets?...

Yes. They actually did not sell out until well into the afternoon.

And a Behemoth bomber. Plus a Broo Doo, Drunk Monk and a Behemoth on tap for lunch. Which was a beef carbonnade with green onion spaetzle and arugula.

Nice sounding lunch, Mike.

Shelly, the Becherovka is both herbal and a bit sweet. I enjoy it with tonic or just chilled. You should try the Old Sydney-Town Punch recipe I posted awhile back. Very nice allspice dram drink with gin or genever.

Greg always has the best wine and emelius the best brews.

Yes. They actually did not sell out until well into the afternoon.

And a Behemoth bomber. Plus a Broo Doo, Drunk Monk and a Behemoth on tap for lunch. Which was a beef carbonnade with green onion spaetzle and arugula.

awesome...I hope to see you there...I actually have a couple bottles of their 10th Anniversary that I thought would be fun to share that day...& it looks like there's gonna be some crazyass shit on tap...

I already have a pm to Jim on this, but would like to know what others think, too. I want some good cherries for my Manhattans. I'm not in the mood to make my own brandied cherries. I just want to buy something delicious and fancy. One or two steps above Luxardo. Any thoughts?

One word: Griottines

(Morello cherries in Kirsch)

They are so good and totally worth their cost. There is about a million cherries in the 11.8oz jar. The only problem is that I find myself wanting to eat them when I open the fridge.

31CWSK6Z65L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Edited by shellylh

I already have a pm to Jim on this, but would like to know what others think, too. I want some good cherries for my Manhattans. I'm not in the mood to make my own brandied cherries. I just want to buy something delicious and fancy. One or two steps above Luxardo. Any thoughts?

58145_500.jpg

Shelly beat me. I don't have these but by all accounts they are excellent. Does this make me one of those people who posts reviews about stuff I haven't tried? bandwagon.gif

Edited by Voltron

Do not buy Toschi Preserved Cherries as they taste like wildebeest ass.

I just put up a jar of cherries (frozen unfortunately, though a good first test) in Bulleit Bourbon. I'll try them next week and see what I think.

d7c2f664.jpg

Bell's Kalamazoo Hopsoulution...Double/Imperial IPA that doesn't come across that way...tasty & nearly as smooth as a regular pale...I'm unsure how they do it...fairly rare on tap...maybe it won't be after the expansion is complete...

711ca9f2.jpg

Bell's Quinannan Falls (Q-Falls) Lager...amusing to read reviews on BA:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/287/58981

but it does have quite a unique taste...& I think I'll go with the guy who said apricot...

Edited by emelius

Do not buy Toschi Preserved Cherries as they taste like wildebeest ass.

Noted, in fact that picture is etched in my mind.

Opened up the Cardamaro. Quite nice. I decided to try a manhattan-like drink (the Cardamaro has some similarities to a sweet vermouth).

1 oz Rittenhouse 25yr Rye (100 proof)

1/3 oz Cardamaro

I might use a rye at 90 proof or more maybe a little more Cardamaro next time but this is a nice drink.

Next up Bols Cardoon.

mxf4a.jpg

Edited by shellylh