What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Nice! Almost made that one! Also, one for Jim and Shelly to try:

The Kirkwood

1 1/2 oz rye

1/2 oz Punt e Mes

1/2 oz Cynar

1/2 oz St. Germain (Personally, I use 1/4 ounce here)

2 dashes grapefruit bitters

Combine all and shake (recipe says stir, but I always shake my juice drinks) until chilled. Garnish with grapefruit peel.

I love Kirkwood! I went there most every summer or my youth because my uncle had a great cabin there, and we still go during summer and winter on occasion. I don't see any juice in the recipe so I just stirred mine, but it is tasty using your proportions. Thanks, I can't wait to make it for my siblings and cousins!

Man, this is a fantastic drink! (wish I had some Ritt 100 it's a good choice here, as it takes a back seat in this drink)

Monte Cassino by Damon Dyer

3/4 oz Bénédictine

3/4 oz yellow Chartreuse

3/4 oz freshly-squeezed lemon juice

3/4 oz Rittenhouse 100-proof rye whiskey.

Mix the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice, then strain into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with a lemon twist.

One of these with full ounces of each ingredient. And if 100 proof rye is good then 110 proof must be moar good!

1805639f-cb61-52d5.jpg

Edited by Voltron

The Maison Surrenne is better. Sucks that we cannot get it here. I did notice that they are carrying the G-R XO at big Specs but perhaps you wanted something less than $119.

Well, that and I already have a bottle of the XO :)

You called?

Little Italy

4ac15198-d2c7-bd3f.jpg

And yes, I get great satisfaction out of using the same ingredients as Al on this one!

Ha! Very nice. Temptation looks good on a rainy night, Mikey. Good looking Kirkwood, Jim. Did you like it? I had 4 very strong cocktails last night and passed out on the couch before I could post in the who's drunk thread. Tonight I am going a little slower. :) The Monte Cassino is pretty good but I don't think it will make the regular rotation unless I could experiment with increased the rye to take out some sweetness.

Vesper's have a nice little kick to them when you are finished that I quite like. I really like the Julep strainer with that mixing glass but not with a pint glass. The Kirkwood is very good. I'm becoming a big fan of Cynar.

Edited by morphsci

Ha! Very nice. Temptation looks good on a rainy night, Mikey. Good looking Kirkwood, Jim. Did you like it? I had 4 very strong cocktails last night and passed out on the couch before I could post in the who's drunk thread. Tonight I am going a little slower. The Monte Cassino is pretty good but I don't think it will make the regular rotation unless I could experiment with increased the rye to take out some sweetness.

My initial thought was to use green chartreuse and/or lime. I liked it though in general, and my second idea was to embrace the sweetness and use some unaged whiskey instead of the rye.

12d52571.jpg

Smuttynose Big A IPA on tap...

96462726.jpg

Southern Tier Pumking on tap...this is the one that made me ill last time...it's still a bit pungent, but there was no twang:)...I think perhaps the bottles I had had been exposed to sunlight/heat for too long...

both at Dilly Deli in Cincy...& I plan on being there again tomorrow if anyone wantsta join me...