What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

peach brandy was made by almost everyone I knew growing up. It was a southern tradition....of course, back then, peach brandy was moonshine with a peach floating in it in case the "revenooers" ever came to check.

Not the same thing. Real Peach brandy is not infused, it is made in much the same fashion as calvados is, from lots and lots of fermented fruit. It's not cheap to make. Regardless, it yummy.

Edited by luvdunhill

Coors Light. i was struck by a sudden feeling of nostalgia when i saw a particular frozen pizza on sale that i used to share with a room mate, years ago. Coors Light was always the cheapest beer the local store had, so it's what we would get when we were broke broke. the pizza is a decent one, which we were able to get because of the money saved on beer (priorities have changed over the years). the stuff sure is thirst quenching. that frozen pizza is in the oven, right now.

Nice. It can be fun to revisit that stuff. I went on a hunt for Stroh's longnecks a while back, because it was what my Dad always drank. I found some and it wasn't bad. And the memories were worth it even if the beer had been piss.

Wow Mikey, that is quite a collage!

Went to Peche in Austin, it was ok. Guess I am a little picky when it comes to cocktails. I asked them to make me something special with rye and they made me something on the menu (The Waterloo). :palm: It was pretty good but nothing extraordinary. The Rye didn't have enough kick in my mind - I didn't see what Rye they used.

http://www.pecheaustin.com/

I did try some Germain-Robin absinthe which was nice but not as good as St. George IMO.

Well, it is Austin, not San Francisco. For what it's worth, I have had bartenders at Clock do the same thing to me when ordering a 'dealers choice'. I like that bar though, so I guess you'll have to shoot the messenger :)

Playing with the Neapolitan. Not a huge fan in a margarita or with soda. That vegetal taste Al describes isn't great. Any particular receipe recommendations to try?

True, it is quite unfair to hold cities to the same standards as SF. smile.png It was *much* better than going into some random loud bar on 6th street. [i was just annoyed that they didn't take me more seriously.] Also, I did have a really good margarita (Don Julio reposado + Grand Marnier) earlier with a delicious dinner at Fonda San Miguel (they had some pretty nice drink specialties there as well).

By the way Marc, I picked up a few things at Austin Wine Merchant today, thanks the suggestion.

Edit: Let's all move to SF. I am sure that Al won't mind us taking over Mayberry while we land on our feet. :)

Edited by shellylh