What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

I'm considering ordering a few things from Cocktail Kindgom. I don't have a Hawthorne strainer and might want one to go with the mixing glass I'll order there (the seamless Yarai is out of stock, and has been for a while so I'll just get the basic Yarai):

yarai1.jpg

I'll also (finally!) get something with 0.75oz measurement, as they have a custom jigger 0.75/0.5 jigger with a 0.25oz marking.

So, any recommendations on bar spoons? I need one that will reach to the bottom of my shaker, other than that I"m open to suggestions. I'll also cave and get some Boker's as well as some Reagan Orange.

I'm considering ordering a few things from Cocktail Kindgom. I don't have a Hawthorne strainer and might want one to go with the mixing glass I'll order there (the seamless Yarai is out of stock, and has been for a while so I'll just get the basic Yarai):

yarai1.jpg

I'll also (finally!) get something with 0.75oz measurement, as they have a custom jigger 0.75/0.5 jigger with a 0.25oz marking.

So, any recommendations on bar spoons? I need one that will reach to the bottom of my shaker, other than that I"m open to suggestions. I'll also cave and get some Boker's as well as some Reagan Orange.

I have the basic Yarai and it is quite nice. The seam is unseamly but I don't really care about it that much. I really like the Oxo hawthorn strainer if you just want a functional one. I love the Japanese trident spoon that I got for christmas, which I believe is 42cm. The Bronzer with the round cap end is 10.5" and that is the shortest I would get. Whatever you do, make sure it has the twisted shaft because that is what makes it work smoothly. The .75/.50 jigger is a good thing. I have a .75/1.25 that I like and use a lot. The Oxo little angled measuring cup/jiggers in plastic and metal are great.

strainer-oxo-hawthorne.jpg

jigger.jpgjigger-oxo-slanted-stainless-2.jpg

With Tex Mex take out dinner: Casa Noble Anejo tequila + Paula's Texas Orange Liquor + lime juice margarita (so good)

Now: The Liberal with 3/2 oz Vintage 17yr bourbon + 1 oz Carpano Antica + 1/2 oz Torani Amer + 2 dashes of Regan's orange bitters (I could drink quite a few of these!)

Excellent purchase Jim! Nice selection as always, Mikey. And the glass is a stone classic! Shelly and Marc and Naaman and Dinny you have all made a good showing. Dan, I guess it is payback for last night. Sorry about that.

Picking up one of Mikey's threads and drinking with it...

post-95-0-57921500-1299220783_thumb.jpg

Well we originally had a 2001 California Cabernet shoot out scheduled but it evolved into a free for all-

Tuna tartare and a filet mignon with

2003 Chambertin (Burgundy)

2006 Chambertin (Burgundy)

1998 Beaume Burgundy

2001 Verite La Muse (Bordeaux Cabernetish)

and the winner was--------2001 Harlan Matriarch

The evening did not suck. :)