January 6, 201115 yr comment_417376 Now the other thing that arrived today - Dallas Wind Symphony | Crown Imperial | HRx Report
January 6, 201115 yr comment_417411 Charlie Haden and Keith Jarrett - Jasmine This. It's lovely, something I had never expected to say about a Jarrett's album. Report
January 6, 201115 yr comment_417498 Breathe Owl Breathe "Magic Central" Some tracks are hereBreathe Owl Breathe Report
January 8, 201115 yr comment_417997 Damien Rice - O Earth, Wind & Fire - All 'N All Captain Beefheart and The Magic Band- The Spotlight Kid / Clear Spot Report
January 8, 201115 yr comment_418007 Breathe Owl Breathe - Magic Central Can't seem to get enough of this. Report
January 8, 201115 yr comment_418018 Living Stereo box set came in today, up first... Vinyl or digital? Report
January 8, 201115 yr comment_418027 Living Stereo box set came in today, up first... One of my faves! Report
January 8, 201115 yr comment_418032 Dave Holland, Pepe Habichuela - Hands I'm no flamenco aficionado, but this disc is goooood Report
January 9, 201115 yr comment_418288 Britten's War Requiem on old, slightly crackly vinyl. Rather nice. Report
January 9, 201115 yr comment_418354 OK, could AB or anyone else who has heard this confirm a bit of distortion in the brass in the left channel? I heard it on my Quads and thought it might be a panel going out, but I can hear it now in my HF-2 as well. Its kind of light, sounds like an artifact or something when the higher notes are hit? or maybe thats just how its supposed to sound? Report
January 9, 201115 yr comment_418379 Zubin Mehta & Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra - Holst - The Planets (XRCD) Report
January 9, 201115 yr comment_418381 Earlier Texas - Hush Now Tears For Fears - Everybody Loves a Happy Ending Report
January 9, 201115 yr comment_418400 OK, could AB or anyone else who has heard this confirm a bit of distortion in the brass in the left channel? I heard it on my Quads and thought it might be a panel going out, but I can hear it now in my HF-2 as well. Its kind of light, sounds like an artifact or something when the higher notes are hit? or maybe thats just how its supposed to sound? I'm listening to the 1st track now. Yeah, there is some grit to the sax here and there. Some of it is during dynamic bursts, some is just the tone. I think its a combination of the tape and possibly saliva, which sometimes gets picked up from mics. From what I've heard its not enough to worry about; this amount of imperfection is pretty common for the era imho. I still think its smooth enough overall. edit: On track 2 now. It sounds a bit more like an overloaded mic on this one, during the dynamic bursts. Edited January 9, 201115 yr by aardvark baguette Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.