What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

a0291185848_10.jpg

Arstidir (see above for indigenous spelling), Hvel -- this is superb!  Proggy acoustic -- obviously not native English speakers, but it gives it a quaintness that I quite like.  The musicianship and production values are fantastic.  RIYL mellower Sigur Ros, acoustic Alan Parsons Project.  Going to have to pick up the vinyl of this, I think.

Not quite on topic, but I used to chuckle when hearing Catherine Wheel, because the singer sounded like a melodic (Christopher Lloyd's "Taxi" character) Jim Ignatauski (sp?) to me  :laugh:

And, same with Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins....reminds me of an adult Cartman!

a0291185848_10.jpg

Arstidir (see above for indigenous spelling), Hvel -- this is superb!  Proggy acoustic -- obviously not native English speakers, but it gives it a quaintness that I quite like.  The musicianship and production values are fantastic.  RIYL mellower Sigur Ros, acoustic Alan Parsons Project.  Going to have to pick up the vinyl of this, I think.

I've been listening to this all day, and I hear something different every time I listen to it -- now it's neo-folk/neo-classical, and I don't hear any Sigur Ros, so ... I don't know what to tell you -- here is a link so you can stream it and decide for yourself, but it's really quite nice, that's about all I can say consistently:

linkydink.

I already ordered the vinyl.

• Like 1

I saw them on the Perpetuum Mobile tour, so I've got that going for me.  I also saw Triumph on the Progressions of Power tour.  A friend of mine took a photo that ended up in one of their albums later (in mid-pyrotechnics), not sure if it was Allied Forces, though.

Me:  Sparkle in the Rain, super deluxe edition on Tidal.

• Like 2